• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

Well having said I was on a break I was given freebie by a family member who couldn’t go.
You absolutely cannot lose that game being 1-0 up 15 minutes to go.
Nevertheless it wasn’t a surprise, we just sat deeper and deeper. Yes the equaliser is deflected but that’s the risk you take when sitting in. We didn’t have control at all we conceded a hell of a lot of possession to.
Did we play well? In patches yes from minutes 30-45 and 50-65, so about a 3rd of the game.
First 5 minutes of the second half we looked asleep again and could’ve conceded twice.
It was so blatant on about 65 minutes Andre was done and needed changing. Doherty replacing Semedo is like being offered to swap a sirloin for a spam fritter.
Just leisurely half arsed chasing of Barnes who was allowed to score with time and space to pick his spot.
GON to reactive again and his changes were awful.
Sorry when you end a game with Doherty at RB, Guedes upfront and no genuine replacement for RAN you’re probably not going to win many PL games.
Positives Andre looks solid, Semedo was excellent again and Cuhna ran himself into the ground, Larsen really does make a nuisance of himself to.
GON is in big big trouble 1 win in 14 and at this time we need to score 2 goals per game just to get a point.
Yep it’s a tough start but 1 point so far isn’t good enough. Chelsea and Newcastle at home aren’t certain defeats.

I guess Dawson had a good game since he got them back into the match & then blocked a possible equaliser? I am only joking!

GON did not sell Neto & Kilman. He needs better players on the bench to bring on - just like Newcastle.
But thats where we are, it's where we'll be for the foreseeable future. We have to do better with the players we have. We've got some decent players but we can't keep gifting teams goals, doesn't matter who we have available the coaching has to match the players we have.

As soon as Andre went off and Doherty replaced Semedo I knew we were gonna lose.
Chances are we could be going into October on 1pt, we need an upgrade in the coaching department.
We also need to stop selling our best players. Several of them played well this weekend.

Sorry but this kind of huge space in front of your own defence is unforgiveable when a winger is cutting inside. Doc didn't do a great job of staying with him, but he'd at least expect some help defensively in central areas, and I don't think you can lay the blame 100% at his feet.

Proves to me Andre is really important

But thats where we are, it's where we'll be for the foreseeable future. We have to do better with the players we have. We've got some decent players but we can't keep gifting teams goals, doesn't matter who we have available the coaching has to match the players we have.
But is it the manager’s fault if his best players are taken from him? I have no idea if GON is not good enough. I do know that nearly every manager plays unattractive possession football that bores the ass off everyone. Man City needed a world class striker in order to win yesterday. We do not have that luxury.

Let's say GO is given his pay off soon.

What route do you think we will go.

The Hobbs route (based on the small budget he will be given) - Frank Lampard, Rob Edwards etc

The Jeff Route - Ask Jorge for a favour, spend a small fortune in Jan, turn the taps off in June and ask Hobbs to find a replacement.

Essentially wim fucked whatever we do because of the man who is trusted to run the club.

I think we have a problem. GON probably has to be sacked soon, but I've no idea who we can get to replace him. Who the hell would want to work with the absolute fucking clowns who run the club? But I also think we overestimate how good some of our players are. I think the only good players we have are Cunha, Gomes, RAN, and probably Andre. The rest are no more than average or below PL players. That isn't enough.

It wouldn’t be sexy but we need a manager who coaches to his squad rather than his system. That style is incredibly out of favor these days, it seems.

Let's say GO is given his pay off soon.

What route do you think we will go.

The Hobbs route (based on the small budget he will be given) - Frank Lampard, Rob Edwards etc

The Jeff Route - Ask Jorge for a favour, spend a small fortune in Jan, turn the taps off in June and ask Hobbs to find a replacement.

Essentially wim fucked whatever we do because of the man who is trusted to run the club.
The only call Hobbs should be making is to Potter

If we wanted to go full batshit appointment Conceiçao

Yep, I'd be going all in on Potter tomorrow.

We won't, we will wait it out until we don't beat Palace and then sack O'Neil when we're deep in the shit

I think we have a problem. GON probably has to be sacked soon, but I've no idea who we can get to replace him. Who the hell would want to work with the absolute fucking clowns who run the club? But I also think we overestimate how good some of our players are. I think the only good players we have are Cunha, Gomes, RAN, and probably Andre. The rest are no more than average or below PL players. That isn't enough.
I disagree somewhat

Semedo
Ait Nouri
Andre
Gomes
Lemina
Cunha
Strand
Are all mid table at the worst

The rest are lower mid table at worst..

The general consensus, today we were plenty good enough to match Newcastle, a top 6 team

Remember how disappointed we were with GO for Lop....now transfer that disappointment to finding out we can take a step down from where we are.

Not quite Big Sam but I don't think it will be far from that.

Change will happen and will be required but zero faith it will be done correctly

Remember how disappointed we were with GO for Lop....now transfer that disappointment to finding out we can take a step down from where we are.

Not quite Big Sam but I don't think it will be far from that.

Change will happen and will be required but zero faith it will be done correctly
Seems my avatar is apt at this point.

& who is the manager of Forest & which of his players is now deemed good enough for England?
Nuno
And World Cup winner, Morgan Gibbs White ( England U17 winner in 2017)
What’s your point?

Back