• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

I don’t know if I can fully grapple with this. It’s actually kind of shocking to me.
Head over heart. Won money last year when the Eagles were imploding. It's not wanting something to happen, just gaining financially from your pain and seeing that the odds offered by bookies are too long versus the reality of what you are watching week in, week out

You bet money on your own club going down??
Softens the blow if it does happen.
Trying to be objective with all this at the moment but as said on paper I think we’ll be fine. However the human factor needs to be considered.
I’m certain teams with poorer squads will be better off than us come November due to fixtures.
Plus the constant noise about things getting easier applies extra pressure on top of diminished confidence.
Then there’s the fact of who’s coaching them, no clean sheet in 16 games is pretty damming.

I don’t know if I’m fully equipped to grapple with this. It’s actually kind of shocking to me.

I don’t have any idea how I should feel about it. 😅
I put a bet in a draw today when we were 1-0 up as it was clear we’d lost our way. Cashed out as there was plenty of time for Newcastle to win it. I was as disappointed as anyone inside Molineux when they scored.

I firmly believe the squad have the quality to be competing with the mid table Clubs, O’Neil is a nice enough bloke, he got lucky last season and now his inexperience and tactical naïveté has been found out.
David Moyes?, or is he a bit past his sell by date.

It's really quite grim when you start to plot what our future looks like. As others have said, as long as we keep the main decision makers we have then championship football is when and not if. The only variable is time.

Everton Onana
Brentford Toney
Palace Olise, Andersen
Fulham Palhinha
Bournemouth Solanke

They are our contemporaries and those the club aspire to be measured against. That's the reality of where we are at, delusional to think otherwise. It's how you invest and how the manager reacts that counts

Of the players we've sold in the last 3 years who were starters or thereabouts
MGW - that's on Lage and Nuno. Didn't want to be here
Boly - Lage again
Neves - had to go due to other poor financial decisions
Nunes - never wanted to be here in the first place
Coady - Lage again and an issue with playing in a 4
Kilman - would have been madness to reject £40m
Jimenez - Fell out with Lop and looked a shadow of his former self. Still not close to what he was, but has recovered more than I thought he would.
Podence - Fell out with Lop, wanted out from then
Collins - made a profit, I still think there was a player there, but the right move
Neto - wanted out, see his celebration on their 6th. Got a good fee given his injury record. Early days, but not going well for him there.
Well where we are at is a waste of time. Football is just ruled by money. All the joy has been sucked out of being a fan. I am far from delusional. You forgot Adama. I know most of you all hate Adama but he is doing OK at Fulham. Why did Neto want out? Perhaps he is delusional - going to a club full of arrogant players, fans & owners.

The only plus from today, Andre will very quickly become a cult figure with the fans, probably won’t be with us long though.

If we go down then hardly any of these players will be here. It's a huge potential looming issue, the rebuild required would be enormous.
Yeah it’s sad, probably got one season watching the majority of the squad we have now.

You’d struggle to put an 11 together with players that would be here after relegation.

Blimey... misery is as misery does.
Get a grip people. We've been through it all before.

Well where we are at is a waste of time. Football is just ruled by money. All the joy has been sucked out of being a fan. I am far from delusional. You forgot Adama. I know most of you all hate Adama but he is doing OK at Fulham. Why did Neto want out? Perhaps he is delusional - going to a club full of arrogant players, fans & owners.
I wouldn't argue with your broader point.

We didn't sell Adama, he wouldnt sign a contract and eventually left on a free.
Not sure what your Neto point is, but doubling his wages and knowing that was out there would be a rational reason for him wanting out

Disappointing although unsurprising number of empty seats , particularly obvious in the rear of the North Bank lower from my vantage point in the South Bank today. I believe a number of Newcastle fans were in home areas too, from what I’ve seen on X/Twitter

Remember how disappointed we were with GO for Lop....now transfer that disappointment to finding out we can take a step down from where we are.

Not quite Big Sam but I don't think it will be far from that.

Change will happen and will be required but zero faith it will be done correctly
At least big Sam knew how to set up a team not to lose.

In any other situation I'd be taking a lot of positives from the performance as we really didn't deserve to lose yesterday but it's really tough to see the bright side at the moment.

It's hard to say 'keep playing like that and the points will come' when the points just aren't coming. O'Neil seems to be stuck in a tactical rut, he's making some really strange decisions, can't seem to manage a game properly and isn't making the best of a very talented squad.

Lemina may have scored and generally had a decent game up until the equaliser but he can't be the option to play in the front line when you have Sarabia, Guedes, Rodrigo, Forbs & Hwang on the bench. When I saw the line up I hoped he'd gone for a 3 man midfield with a single pivot but he absolutely bottled it and played Lemina on the right. If he's going to persist with this shape then one of Lemina/André/João need to drop out. I know he's the captain but it'd definitely be Lemina IMO, his attempt at closing down Schär was almost as pitiful as his attempt to get behind the quick free kick for Chelsea's 3rd. He needs time out of the XI to get his head straight tbh because while he can be brilliant on the ball he's costing the team with stupid, lazy individual mistakes.

Semedo had a really tough game up against Gordon and he was clearly knackered when he was taken off but FUCK ME what a downgrade it was to bring on Matt Doherty. It's utterly ludicrous that he's in a Premier League squad in 2024, nevermind getting regular minutes. The goal was pathetic, his tracking back after Newcastle broke away from one of his shit long throws... Watch the extended highlights, he doesn't even get back into his own half. He is a fat, lazy, pathetic, waste of an XXL shirt. I must've said this a million times over the past 14 years but I never want to see him play for Wolves again. Off you fuck you fucking chancer.

Last edited:
Disappointing although unsurprising number of empty seats , particularly obvious in the rear of the North Bank lower from my vantage point in the South Bank today. I believe a number of Newcastle fans were in home areas too, from what I’ve seen on X/Twitter
It should only disappoint the wankers who set the price points.

Back