• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

He would get every players name wrong but the swearathon would make up for that

I posted a few things first half on a whatsapp chat that I share with the chaps I used to go with. It feels like I am still a bit connected. Probably the most incisive comment was that we were getting pressed to death in the first fifteen minutes. The rest of it was very much visceral yaaay, fuuuuuucckk, fucking hell ETC ETC. I would be a dreadful commentator.
5ef2e363-67f4-47f4-803d-d8d6486bf561-tedlasso_roycursecount_7.jpg

I don't mind female commentators at all, but she is just horrific.
Short of nepotism (which I'm not suggesting is the case), I really can't imagine who at the BBC could have listened to her audition tape and thought, 'That's just what our audience wants to hear'. I didn't listen to the Forset game, of course, but was unfortunate enough to catch some of her goal descriptions later. My ears are still bleeding.

Short of nepotism (which I'm not suggesting is the case), I really can't imagine who at the BBC could have listened to her audition tape and thought, 'That's just what our audience wants to hear'. I didn't listen to the Forset game, of course, but was unfortunate enough to catch some of her goal descriptions later. My ears are still bleeding.
Along with Melissa Reddy on Sky they have the worst pitch of voice to listen to.

Nobody wants to hear anybody screech at any point. Ever.

Along with Melissa Reddy on Sky they have the worst pitch of voice to listen to.

Nobody wants to hear anybody screech at any point. Ever.
Yeah, it's not a gender issue, it's just bad commentary.

Like Growlin' Michael Brown is dreadful before you even get into his 1986 opinions.

At the game on Saturday there was a 8? Year old behind and to the right of my lad who had the screechiest, highest, most annoying voice ever. He was shouting all through game, mostly "come on Wolves get the ball" my lad was gritting his teeth for most of the match, while I was pissing myself laughing.

There’s a lad in WL9 who does that all match every match. Thankfully slightly too far away from me to hear but it must drive people insane.

There’s a lad in WL9 who does that all match every match. Thankfully slightly too far away from me to hear but it must drive people insane.
It does grate but usually I'm fine with it if it's a kid.

There is a "gerrit forward" bloke behind me. I loved following Wolves in the 80s and 90s but I feel some people haven't moved on....

Been pretty lucky in the games I've been to over the last 32 years (when my boys started coming with me), usually it's all part time fans like me around us and they tend to be pretty quiet, although we did have 2 blokes a couple of games ago whingeing cos no -one was singing with them...."what's the point of coming to the football if you're not gunna sing?" That was quite irritating.

Youd still be better than the screeching Vicky Sparks.
She did the Forest Everton game on 5Live yesterday. Full on growling rar rar rar when there was a goal.

You’re lucky. There’s a team that do baseball for Apple TV that make Sparks and Reddy sound like Des Lynam at his best

Good commentators , regardless of the sport , are not easy to find . It's not as easy a job as people think I would suggest .

Good commentators , regardless of the sport , are not easy to find . It's not as easy a job as people think I would suggest .
Broadcasters don’t have to employ people with voices that grate with a large proportion of their viewers. I don’t know anyone who thinks Vicky Sparks is anything other than dreadful.

Good win. Much better 2nd half. Midfield is going to be weird I think for a while. There's a non-zero chance next season we could be going into the opening match day starting Lemina-Gomes with Hodge as backup. So much is unknown and it's clear haven't quite found how to fit Nunes into the mix properly.

Just "weird" though, as opposed to the forward line, which is "problematic". This team under Lopetegui has too much talent to go down, but his next miracle after his first one (reversing our form) will be sorting that out.

Back