• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Ivan Cavaleiro

And still no mention on SSN. #undertheradar

Had a brief mention. For the Football League they have 1 reporter at the FL HQ in Preston and they go to him after about the 35th mention of Hart signing for Torino loop. He opened his last report with us doing the biggest deal of the day with the signing of Ivan.

And still no mention on SSN. #undertheradar

There was one earlier. They have a Championship reporter hidden away in a basement somewhere that they go to once every 3 or 4 hours. He briefly mangled Cavaleiro's name before moving on to talk about Stearman.

Boner-inducing. Stears got the blood flowing this morning and it hasn't stopped since. About to crouch-walk into the doctor's office.

There was one earlier. They have a Championship reporter hidden away in a basement somewhere that they go to once every 3 or 4 hours. He briefly mangled Cavaleiro's name before moving on to talk about Stearman.

:icon_lol:

Says a club record fee on Sky.

So £7m the same as Doyle and Fletcher then?!!

giphy.gif

Welcome Ivan, don't know shit about you but everyone else is chuffed so you must be the dogs.
With all these attacking options we have to be the highest scoring team in the country surely

Hi guys I'm from Monaco, don't be too enthusiastic... This player has great pace, strength and energy, but he's really poor technically, in dribbling, he often loses the ball alone while running, pretty embarrassing. He is not adapted to play in a team who wants to keep possession and play with short passing, he has poor vision and passing skills, he never crosses. I think his best position is striker if you want to play counterattacks and long balls behind the defense to use his pace, but as a winger I don't see a bright future for him. I prefer Helder Costa, as fast as Cavaleiro but a lot more skilled, even if he lacks strength and is maybe less adapted to Championship football. Good luck for this season anyway!

Seeing as there hasn't been a skilz vid posted yet and I'm bored stiff of the international break.

A few glimpses of Teixeira and Helder Costa in there from his Benfica/Portugal youth days.

Seeing as there hasn't been a skilz vid posted yet and I'm bored stiff of the international break.

He can clearly finish. Let's hope he gets the same sort of service here.

He's got pace and power. Maybe not completely there on the technical and mental side but at 22 that can improve.

He's 100 times better than what we had last season...some context.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hi guys I'm from Sandwell, don't be too enthusiastic... This player has great pace, strength and energy, but he's really poor technically, in dribbling, he often loses the ball alone while running, pretty embarrassing. He is not adapted to play in a team who wants to keep possession and play with short passing, he has poor vision and passing skills, he never crosses. I think his best position is striker if you want to play counterattacks and long balls behind the defense to use his pace, but as a winger I don't see a bright future for him. I prefer Helder Costa, as fast as Cavaleiro but a lot more skilled, even if he lacks strength and is maybe less adapted to Championship football. Good luck for this season anyway!

Thanks for the post.

To those who can go to our games, how has Cavaleiro been getting on? There just doesn't seem to be much chatter on him when following, say, the Official Wolves Twitter feed during games.

He looks good. He's not lightning quick but he's clearly very technically able, he isn't a Jarvis style winger of going down the outside and hammering a cross in, more of an inside forward. Can't really play as a centre forward but that's not why we signed him, it was a combination of circumstances (Bod/Mason injured, Dicko not ready to start, Gladon shite) which led to him starting the last two games there.

There's more than enough there to suggest he'll have a decent impact this season, how long he stays beyond that is anyone's guess.

I think that's fair DW, he's more of a H-M. Son type player and if we persist with Cav, Tex and Costa then those 3 need to play with a central striker so they can all flit around him.

Back