• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

My sympathy to you and your wife Kenny.

We are a house full of animal lovers and animals and we know how hard it is to deal with this.

So sorry to hear your bad news.

Had my monthly meeting with the Haematologist yesterday to discuss blood test results and other issues relating to my blood cancer.

He says that I really should not be drinking hardly anything anymore...especially beer. Well, thanks for that!

If he mentions anything about giving up curry, I swear there may be violence.....

Trust that the treatment is bearable & doing some good for you HW - I feel for Kenny, but a cat shouldn't get more supporting comments

Had my monthly meeting with the Haematologist yesterday to discuss blood test results and other issues relating to my blood cancer.

He says that I really should not be drinking hardly anything anymore...especially beer. Well, thanks for that!

If he mentions anything about giving up curry, I swear there may be violence.....

Really hope things get better for you Hereford. No beer? Man, that's harsh but keep on fighting mate

and she leaves us.

In a fine act of stubborness though she clung on despite the fact she should have died hours ago. Her blood tests showed she had less than 1% Red Blood Cells (normal is 40%) after sudden and chronic kidney failure (fucking anti freeze shit) . One baffled Vet as to how she was alive.

RIP little one.

Shit, sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you - losing any animal is incredibly hard.

Our two cats are house bound with "wobbly cat" syndrome so fairly safe (expect the constant falling over) but did go through a similar experience when two little dogs of ours ate rat poisoning 24 hours apart - we lost the first dog as a result but could treat the second as a result.

Positive vibes being sent towards Kennys and Herefords households!

My boy has got chicken pox. Poor little thing, hate seeing him ill. Also has meant I have got nothing done at work today as I've had a permanent shadow for the day.

Poor lad - hope he gets better soon. Chicken pox is so odd - my 2 both had it at the same time and whilst my son was fine (he didn't feel ill at all - the only thing that bothered him were his spots itching towards the end) my daughter felt really poorly.

Poor lad - hope he gets better soon. Chicken pox is so odd - my 2 both had it at the same time and whilst my son was fine (he didn't feel ill at all - the only thing that bothered him were his spots itching towards the end) my daughter felt really poorly.

Yeah, same for me, except the other way around. Bea had it and was fine, didn't really effect her sleep, or mood, or appetite etc. That gave us the dreaded complacency when it came to Eric's turn a few years later! He got it baaaaad!

I don't remember my eldest suffering too much with it, just scratching mainly. Connor is struggling with it though, got doctors this afternoon for him so hopefully can get something done to perk him up

Takes me back - our eldest didn't really suffer so as parents we were sanguine when the younger one got it - so bad that he was almost hospitalised

As a parent you can never take anything for granted

My boy has got chicken pox. Poor little thing, hate seeing him ill. Also has meant I have got nothing done at work today as I've had a permanent shadow for the day.

Aren't you supposed to hold a party now so all his mates can get it too?

Aren't you supposed to hold a party now so all his mates can get it too?

Already going round the school, rang up this morning and he's the third kid in his class off with it

Our daughter had it and was fine (although my wife was pregnant at the time which wasn't ideal). Our son is 3 and hasn't had it yet so need to find somebody he can catch it off.

That there are people like this in offices all around the world.

"Co-worker got his lunch stolen and they’ve agreed to let him watch the security camera tape. This is the most excited I’ve ever been at any job ever. Ever."

https://twitter.com/zaktoscani/status/979448251546927104

He posts a whole lot more about the incident in the replies. A funny read.

I'd love it if there was drama like that at my work!

We've had somebody have their tape measure taken from their work bench before and we watched the camera footage from the factory excitedly to see who did it but sadly it didn't show the culprit. The bloke may have just lost it.

Feeling sad makes me sad so I'm not gonna be sad any more cos being sads not pleasant.

You shouldn't be sad because sad spelled backwards is das and das not good.

Feeling sad makes me sad so I'm not gonna be sad any more cos being sads not pleasant.

Some days I can just smile through it, but some days I cant. For weeks and weeks my step dad has suffered, and continues to do so. Surrounded by family at home, and Compton Hospice nurses and carers coming throughout the day and night. He now resembles someone that no one recognises, skin and bones, tumours growing in size, not eaten in weeks and weeks, and now injections throughout the days. No one deserves this. No one. It makes me sad, angry, and breaks my heart, not only to see what it's doing to him, but to my family. Sorry for posting this but sometimes it just makes you feel a bit better to put it in writing.

Some days I can just smile through it, but some days I cant. For weeks and weeks my step dad has suffered, and continues to do so. Surrounded by family at home, and Compton Hospice nurses and carers coming throughout the day and night. He now resembles someone that no one recognises, skin and bones, tumours growing in size, not eaten in weeks and weeks, and now injections throughout the days. No one deserves this. No one. It makes me sad, angry, and breaks my heart, not only to see what it's doing to him, but to my family. Sorry for posting this but sometimes it just makes you feel a bit better to put it in writing.

No words so sending you a huge hug.

Back