• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Not long ago had a text from our bowls club chairman. He's found out that one of our players died suddenly a month ago. No illness or anything.
The fellas funeral is next wednesday.
He'd only been playing with us for a couple of years, but was a nice fella. Had a disabled son, and I don't know what will happen with him. He was infuriating, in that he couldn't master text messages, and so we had to make sure he knew where matches were, and call him if a game was cancelled. He was half deaf too. But he was pleasant, and a character.

Dunno if it a reminder of my own mortality or what, but really feel for the fact he was a nice guy, and it's a real shame. Was looking forward to the start of the new season until I read that text.

Just received a message from the club chairman saying it was a false alarm, the fella who died had the same name as one of our bowlers!

I've just been dumped again. Thought things were better than good, and I'm completely stunned.

What the absolute fuck???!

I've just been dumped again. Thought things were better than good, and I'm completely stunned.

Holy shit Ian, things looked like they were going brilliantly. Really sorry mate

Sorry to hear Langers. The break away sounded like it went very well too. That's women for you. Funny fucking creatures.

Ah fucking hell mate, that really sucks. Sounded like you were rocking it with her. Onwards and upwards pal.

So I am adopted. My natural father died last year. My birth mother died this morning suddenly. At least we did get to know each other a bit. Feeling a bit strange tonight.

So I am adopted. My natural father died last year. My birth mother died this morning suddenly. At least we did get to know each other a bit. Feeling a bit strange tonight.

Sorry to hear that Cyber, must be a difficult and confusing time for you.

Sorry to hear that Cyber, must be a difficult and confusing time for you.

Very much so. My adoptive parents are still alive albeit aged and with their own needs. But there is something about the people who created you no longer being here that hits you in the stomach and takes the wind from your sails. Does that make sense?

Very much so. My adoptive parents are still alive albeit aged and with their own needs. But there is something about the people who created you no longer being here that hits you in the stomach and takes the wind from your sails. Does that make sense?

Yes it does, not experienced it myself but when my wife's father died it really knocked her for 6, even when she hadn't seen him for a good while.

Just had a text from my sister saying 1 of my cousins has suddenly passed away.
Just recently spoke to him on Facebook and he was his jolly old self.

Yesterday morning my Cat was her usual miserable self and today she is facing death. Seems she may have drank water containing anti freeze on her morning outing yesterday and thats that. Currently with the vets but I doubt she will be seeing out the day. Really looking forward to passing this news on to the wife.

Absolutley fucking gutted.

Aw man - that's horrible news. :(

Sorry to hear that.

Yesterday morning my Cat was her usual miserable self and today she is facing death. Seems she may have drank water containing anti freeze on her morning outing yesterday and thats that. Currently with the vets but I doubt she will be seeing out the day. Really looking forward to passing this news on to the wife.

No wonder you are gutted, that's horrible news. So sorry Kenny.

Had my monthly meeting with the Haematologist yesterday to discuss blood test results and other issues relating to my blood cancer.

He says that I really should not be drinking hardly anything anymore...especially beer. Well, thanks for that!

If he mentions anything about giving up curry, I swear there may be violence.....

and she leaves us.

In a fine act of stubborness though she clung on despite the fact she should have died hours ago. Her blood tests showed she had less than 1% Red Blood Cells (normal is 40%) after sudden and chronic kidney failure (fucking anti freeze shit) . One baffled Vet as to how she was alive.

RIP little one.

and she leaves us.

In a fine act of stubborness though she clung on despite the fact she should have died hours ago. Her blood tests showed she had less than 1% Red Blood Cells (normal is 40%) after sudden and chronic kidney failure (fucking anti freeze shit) . One baffled Vet as to how she was alive.

RIP little one.

RIP little Saturn.

and she leaves us.

RIP little one.

Sorry to hear Kenny - that stuff is lethal for cats

Fortunate that mine is too timid to roam far out of my (fairly sizeable) garden so can ensure that the area she is likely to go in is as safe as it can be.

Yes cats can be miserable & ignore you for long periods, but also endearing when they decide that they want too

Back