• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I know she hasn't been well for a while but as Parkin stated her music will live on regardless, the woman is a true icon !

A mate of mine who I occasionally play golf with in the summer has found it difficult to schedule anything this year.
I know he's had a shed load of work related difficulties, and he was really ill at the tail end of last year for 3 months.
We planned a round in July, and he had to postpone. We've had to postpone a game next week also.
He's just let me know the reasons he's struggling to make time. I thought he was recovering from being ill, combined with adapting to parenthood (his OH had their first child early last year, though she has children from a previous relationship).
Turns out she was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of spring. She's had 2 ops so far, and though prognosis is good, they're awaiting info on the treatment plan moving forwards.
Hope things work out for them, especially their little one.

As there is no bittersweet thread...

My grandma passed away yesterday afternoon aged 88. She'd been ravaged by alzheimer's and the last time I visited she didn't know me and my dad were there much less who we were. As first grandchild I was the golden boy, when she was still 'in and out' early on I remember her asking who I was, the look of horror on her face when my dad prompted her was seared onto my mind. A fucking vile heinous disease but she's free now.

As there is no bittersweet thread...

My grandma passed away yesterday afternoon aged 88. She'd been ravaged by alzheimer's and the last time I visited she didn't know me and my dad were there much less who we were. As first grandchild I was the golden boy, when she was still 'in and out' early on I remember her asking who I was, the look of horror on her face when my dad prompted her was seared onto my mind. A fucking vile heinous disease but she's free now.

Mine went pretty much the same way so you have my upmost sympathy mate .

I was diagnosed with blood cancer a year ago. I am 61.
Mrs HW has just been diagnosed with skin cancer. She is 52.

No use wondering Why Us? But we do feel that life can be a little unfair.

We are optimistic and we are fighters.

Shit, HW... Hope you and the missus fight through this. Thinking of you bud

Sorry to hear this HW. I always look out for your posts to see how you are doing as I am rooting for you to beat this, and now I will be rooting for you and your wife. All the best to both of you.

You know there's nothing any of us can say but I hope everything works out for you and the wife, I really do.

Shit a brick HW. I haven't a clue what to post, other than I sincerely hope everything turns out ok. #speechless

Sorry to hear this HW. I always look out for your posts to see how you are doing as I am rooting for you to beat this, and now I will be rooting for you and your wife. All the best to both of you.
couldn't have put it better or simpler.
Look after each other HW!

Found out yesterday morning a buddy I used to go to cadets with passed away at 42. Only recently spoke to him and reminisced about our days in the ATC too and all "seemed" fine, truly saddened

Thank you for all your support.

It is really appreciated.

My mate managed to get me to the game yesterday and looked after me. The whole day (and the game) really lifted my spirits.

Back