• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Off to my mate’s funeral shortly, 39 years old and leaves behind two young kids, 6 and 2. Got smashed into by a lorry on the M6 and never pulled through. So fucking sad it’s untrue. Some Wolves fans have been trying to get a minute’s applause going against Burnley on the 39th minute but don’t know if it will take.

Seeing that Hearse go past past with ‘Daddy’ written in flowers killed me off man. What a fucking waste of life. I’m off to get slaughtered.

Fucking hell Booz.... so sorry. 39 years old with 2 kids...... the word tragic does not come close....

My mum has had another fall, her third one in the last two and a half months.
First one she hit the sink in the bathroom on her way down and cut her head open pretty badly and also fractured two vertebrae in her neck. She spent two weeks in hospital...
Fall two, she reopened the gash in her head and had to have it restitched but at least was home the next day.
I was round to see her this morning and she was fine but a little unsteady without her walking frame. I saw her down to the eating area of the accommodation she lives in and she was fine. This afternoon, after she'd eaten, she was trying to sit back in her arm chair (without support) and it seems she missed the chair and went over. Despite this seeming innocuous it appears to be the worse of the three falls as there is the real possibility that she has fractured her femur at the top where it joins into the hip and may need surgery to repair it but she also has severe neck pain so a concern that she has further damaged her neck. She is 92 and has a pretty bad heart so we are not sure how she will cope with any surgery. Just a waiting game now

Hopefully it can be sorted Mike - full anaesthetic at any age is preferable not to have, but the older one is the more problems can occur.

My 92 yr old Aunt has just come through well an operation on her thyroid at the same age so there should be no reason to feel that it is impossible to deal with.

Well, mum did survive the initial shock and the anesthetic of the operation but overnight on Saturday she suffered a heart attack but got through that too.
I visited her on Sunday and Monday but you could see she was deteriorating and she finally passed away, peacefully in her sleep, this morning at 0730.
It's a strange one as with everything going on with her health, it's a relief that she's not suffering anymore.
Just the pain of the funeral to get through now and to uphold my family position of peacekeeper to stop any conflicts!

I'm sorry to hear that, Darlo. Look after yourself.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Well, mum did survive the initial shock and the anesthetic of the operation but overnight on Saturday she suffered a heart attack but got through that too.
I visited her on Sunday and Monday but you could see she was deteriorating and she finally passed away, peacefully in her sleep, this morning at 0730.
It's a strange one as with everything going on with her health, it's a relief that she's not suffering anymore.
Just the pain of the funeral to get through now and to uphold my family position of peacekeeper to stop any conflicts!

My mom also passed away and then my uncle within 10 days..know the feeling, take care Mike

Sorry to hear this Mike - losing a parent is a seminal point in your life whatever age you have got to.

As to the funeral then no doubt you will take charge - this is purely a celebration of their life & not an excuse to continue petty squabbles of those still here.

Sorry to hear this Darlo. My thoughts are with you.

Really sorry to hear that, Mike - thinking of you, buddy xx

Sorry to hear Mike, gutting news. Thinking of you mate.

Take care of yourself darlo. & as Parkin says, celebrate the life and all the good times you shared with your mom.

So sorry to hear that Darlo, thoughts with you and your family

Thanks guys. Been a bit of a whirlwind day but meeting up with siblings tonight to discuss things and maybe have a Guinness or two!

Back