• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

So sorry for your loss Sue. Thoughts are with you and your family

To wanderer,Quirk,James,leeds & darlo, many thanks to you all.

Sorry to hear this Sue. Ain't been round much on the forum. Thoughts to you and yours

Sorry to hear this PPB - have lost various family members to this as well & don't want to see it happen to other families

Kind thoughts to you & family

Sorry to hear this PPB - have lost various family members to this as well & don't want to see it happen to other families

Kind thoughts to you & family

Thanks Parkin. Just seems that this year is our family's year for it. To find out and be told that you have cancer, then 8 weeks later you are dead, just can't get me head round it. I often wonder if they are any nearer to finding a cure than they were say 40 years ago. Seems every family these days are affected by the C word. Also considering all the different types of cancer, I fear it will be a never ending battle, that will go on and on and on.

Thanks Parkin. Just seems that this year is our family's year for it. To find out and be told that you have cancer, then 8 weeks later you are dead, just can't get me head round it. I often wonder if they are any nearer to finding a cure than they were say 40 years ago. Seems every family these days are affected by the C word. Also considering all the different types of cancer, I fear it will be a never ending battle, that will go on and on and on.

My Dad only lasted 4 weeks after the diagnosis so know what that feels like

Think that there are improvements in treatment being seen, , particularly with gene therapy & individualising the treatment, though the biggest advances will be in early detection as this gives treatment options that are not there otherwise.

condolences PPB.
think in the UK we recently got to the stage where more than 50% of survivors were still alive 5 or 10 years after treatment for the first time.

condolences PPB.
think in the UK we recently got to the stage where more than 50% of survivors were still alive 5 or 10 years after treatment for the first time.

Thanks Jellybean.

You know when you get those recommendations for likely friends on Facebook had this one chap crop up who I'd never heard of, so being a nosy sod decided to have a look, this chap must have been Tommy Robinsons PR man because it was just post upon post of anti Muslim pictures and posts extolling the virtues of Mr Robinson as a true British patriot, He was like the personification of what the Alf Garnet and Eddie Booth were both ridiculing,
I knew there were people like that in the big bad world, but I'd never witnessed such hate and condemnation bottled up within just one person.

It's fear as much as anything that makes them act the way they do.

Robinson is a con artist that found a gullible audience. Keeps having fund raisers but has recently forked out 900k on a house.

Needs all he can get as his 1st application for a US Visa has been rejected so losing a cool £1m in income there

As well who is this 'Paul C' they keep trying to foist on me like an abandoned puppy ???

Last edited by a moderator:
As well who is this 'Paul C' they keep trying to foist on me like an abandoned puppy ???

You wouldn't be lucky enough to have that titan of a man on your friends list. Paul C truly is the king of kings.

I have been informed over the last couple of days that the young girl killed in West Park that the trial is now ongoing for was a close friend of Micro's girlfriend. She is finding it very very difficult at the moment and I feel terrible for her.

Me tractors sold. I loved that fucking tractor. I've smashed the hood and bumper several times, spent 622 hours on it( on the clock) and loved every one of those hours with me iPod blaring during the Summers. Looked brand new by the time hubby had done doing her up.

I can understand now how some people get attached to their cars. You can also get attached to a tractor.......now that is bloody sad!

Cant say Im too happy to be back in Dublin after 2 amazing weeks in Lisbon. Kinda depressed about it tbh, and Im starting to think that I need to move. Have even talked to my boss today about finding a role for me in Lisbon and transferring over. I just had the best 2 weeks, at work and outside of it.

Lisbon is such an incredible city - great people, food and culture, quite cheap (but getting expensive) and full of fun places. Had some great meals and days out with jrodrigues from TWF and was also taken out to cool bars by my colleagues who live there. Our new office is amazing and the weather was 21 degrees, even though its December.

On my last night, we had a work party and ended up on a rooftop bar with people dressed in 1920's style outfits, drinking cocktails before we moved on to LX Factory which is a like a community made in the old warehouse near the river, under the big bridge, full of galleries, bars, clubs, you name it. Got invited back to the apartment of this beautiful Swedish girl but had to reluctantly turn her down as I work with her and Im also engaged!

Absolutely brilliant 'business' trip!

Love how your decision making process there was

Colleague > Engaged

Sounds like a great break though! I'm heading over to Lisbon in April for a few days so will definitely have to get some recommendations!

Lisbon is just a magnificent city - I'd go back tomorrow if I could. I love the food!!

Back