• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Yeah, another vote for Lisbon here. Great place.

Sounds like holiday blues to me. Give it a couple of weeks before making any decisions.

Lisbon is just a magnificent city - I'd go back tomorrow if I could. I love the food!!

spent a day there back in May. Loved it but need to go back as 1) It was friggin Eurovision there and it was the day of a Semi Final and the place was taken over by the shitfest and 2) We drove there and it took over an hour to drive less than a mile and around 2 and half hours to get out of the city and back on the motorway

Just started my new job after the training,and work colleagues are majority brexiteers and think mrs browns boys is fantastic! May need to find another job.
I've already fallen out with one bloke who I went out with to be shown the job reality not the training way,first thing he said was jobs fucked,you're mad to come and work here! Then didn't do a vehicle safety check,which is a legal requirement,when I asked why,told me it doesn't really need to be done,only new starters who don't know anything do it,we had a few shopping trollies on which should be strapped down they weren't and were rolling about,I could have held on to them,when we arrived at the destination other bloke then moaned they were everywhere and why didn't I hold them,told him if he did his job properly I wouldn't have to,a full and frank exchange of opinions was offered between us,told him he's a prick and don't bother talking to me again,other than that first day went well I thought.

Keep work and home life separate mate. Had a friend who really struggled sometimes working with idiots.
Keep your head down, apply for other jobs (easier to get a job whilst you're in work I feel) and look after yourself. Focus on working on a way out of there.

I'm just going to get on with the job,do it the way I've been shown,plus I've done similar before so that helps,I'll keep my standards high and leave the rest to compete for the race to the bottom,I'll be here for a while as it stands just to sort myself out money wise,but am already looking for something else

Sounds like their H&S is utter shite.

Luckily where I work it's shit hot. We just got audited and the result was 93%, where a pass is 80%. Pre-shift checks on all MHE is mandatory, even if you're only using it for 5 mins. If you get caught without your book checked and signed by a supervisor, then you're off for a disciplinary, and if they feel like it, off down the road.

Too early to say about the H&S tbh,but does seem to be a relaxed company all round,think it's a case of all the staff are long serving and set in their ways,and the way they do things is fine because nothing has gone wrong doing it that way(yet)
Like I said,I'll do it the best I can,and safety wise with wheelchairs and passengers I won't be cutting corners,it'll get done right all the time,after all it could be someone on heres nan or grandad I'm responsible for

Keep yourself a positive mindset too mate! Remind yourself you're working on a way out of there, and the reasons why you're doing things properly.

Sad and relieved...

Last year, in November, Sandra and I went to Strasbourg. The timing was just wrong for the Christmas market there and San said she wanted to go back this year, in December, when the market was on. We were due to go back but I persuaded her to go to Portugal a few weeks ago rather than going back to Strasbourg in December.

We were saddened to see that yesrerday there was a gun attack at the market and it could seriously have been that we would have been there without me finding the deal for the mini break in Porto.

Rather sobering thought

Sad and relieved...

Last year, in November, Sandra and I went to Strasbourg. The timing was just wrong for the Christmas market there and San said she wanted to go back this year, in December, when the market was on. We were due to go back but I persuaded her to go to Portugal a few weeks ago rather than going back to Strasbourg in December.

We were saddened to see that yesrerday there was a gun attack at the market and it could seriously have been that we would have been there without me finding the deal for the mini break in Porto.

Rather sobering thought

Many times this happens when you think 'what if'

My eldest was due to be right in the area of the bombs on 7/7, which I knew as he was going to be working there & when I couldn't get him on the phone you think the worst.

Got hold of him after a couple of hours to find that because of traffic problems he hadn't arrived when he had intended to - so traffic jams can be a blessing at times.

Like me - had an early meeting. Ran from Euston to Euston square and the doors closed on the tube and I missed the train. It was the one with the bomb on it and it was also the carriage with the bomb in it for Edgware Road because that carriage was right opposite the platform entrance at Euston Square. The Ultimate sliding doors moment for me. A bloke on the same train as me from Tring was a bit quicker. And he died.

Well poop my pants, I was on the train after the one that blew up just outside Russell Sq. We were just coming towards Kings Cross and obviously the train stopped in the tunnel for ages. We walked the last couple of hundred yards about 90 minutes later, knowing very little of what had transpired.

My brother spent two days fixing air con units at the Arndale centre in Manchester, over a weekend.
The IRA considered Manchester a 'legitimate' target the following weekend :(

Similarly, I used to get the Russell Sq tube to work fairly regularly. I decided to walk that day. Obviously no way of knowing if i'd have been on that particular train but I remember walking along and then all the sirens starting up, wondering what the hell was going on.

It missed actual rush hour, didn't it? Most people in an office-based London job are at their desks before 8.49am, let alone still on the Tube at that time.

Hey, I was a complete slacker in 2005 and I was at my desk then.

I worked in the meedja. All very relaxed dontcha know.

Linen suits and no socks, no doubt. Ooh, do you like my glasses, they're like John Lennon's.

It missed actual rush hour, didn't it? Most people in an office-based London job are at their desks before 8.49am, let alone still on the Tube at that time.

Hey, I was a complete slacker in 2005 and I was at my desk then.

At that time he was an installation technician for a telecoms firm - for that job he had to go to the office to collect the system to be fitted before going up there.

Was due to be working somewhere in Tavistock Square & should probably have been there when the bus bomb went off - no idea where he got delayed as it wasn't a question that was relevant at the time. Got turned away clearly & went back to the office.

Linen suits and no socks, no doubt. Ooh, do you like my glasses, they're like John Lennon's.

Nathan Barley was produced in 2005 for a reason. It was pretty much a documentary. I worked with a guy who was very fond of saying, completely unironically, "I'll sleep when I'm dead". Last I heard he was in rehab.
I really didn't fit in.

Back