• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Brexit shouldn't really be an excuse to break the peace process, if thats all it takes then it was only ever going to be temporary...sad state of affairs

Got back from the game a very happy chap. Took the dog out for his walk. Walking through an underpass I missed that there was a metal drain cover there. Arse over fucking tit. Owwww. My hip is fucking killing me. At least the dog didn't run off - he just licked my face a lot until a couple of teens walked by and helped me up.

This is why you need a mobile phone...what if you'd broken your hip, no-one had turned up to help, you're there for hours and it's about 2 degrees...

The dog would have done a Lassie and run off to get help...

My daughter takes a packed lunch to school. Standard lunch of sandwich. Crisps. Fruit and a fruit pot and a water. Noticed recently that she hasn't been bringing her rubbish home with her in her lunch box.
Comes to find out she's been giving it to a kid in her class who doesn't bring his lunch to school and hasn't since the start of last term. Kinda makes me sad that in this day and age kids still go hungry at school but proud at the same time my daughter thinks of others before herself

It is sad Ray, but how thoughtful is your daughter. You must be proud of her. Don't you have the programme where you are that helps provide kids that come from low income families to free lunches, forget what it's called? Although I understand that some stigma can be attached to this that could cause further problems for the child.

As you say, very sad in this day and age.

Just spoke to vet, looks like our dog will now have to be put to sleep, this is after this morning them telling me 'he's looking a bit brighter'.
I know it's only a dog, but he's not even four yet and was such a livewire and a strong healthy dog it is hard to believe.
Saturday he wasn't quite himself, Sunday he was a bit worse, took him to the vets first thing Monday, he gave him an antibiotic jab and gave us amoxycillin, by Tuesday he'd gone completely off his feet and I was back to the vets first thing, they put him on a drip. Today it looks like he's had it.
Diagnosis is he has contracted Leptosporosis (Weils disease in humans) Carried and passed on generally in rat's urine sometimes cattle urine.
Crying my eyes out, not because we've lost him but because he was so young and full of life.
Like I say it is only a dog....

Just spoke to vet, looks like our dog will now have to be put to sleep, this is after this morning them telling me 'he's looking a bit brighter'.
I know it's only a dog, but he's not even four yet and was such a livewire and a strong healthy dog it is hard to believe.
Saturday he wasn't quite himself, Sunday he was a bit worse, took him to the vets first thing Monday, he gave him an antibiotic jab and gave us amoxycillin, by Tuesday he'd gone completely off his feet and I was back to the vets first thing, they put him on a drip. Today it looks like he's had it.
Diagnosis is he has contracted Leptosporosis (Weils disease in humans) Carried and passed on generally in rat's urine sometimes cattle urine.
Crying my eyes out, not because we've lost him but because he was so young and full of life.

That disease took our dog a few years. We think she drank water from the pond at the bottom of the garden and it contained rats urine. Absolutely heartbreaking it was. So sad.

That disease took our dog a few years. We think she drank water from the pond at the bottom of the garden and it contained rats urine. Absolutely heartbreaking it was. So sad.

I'm just can't believe how quick he's gone tbh. He was strong as an ox and really lively.

You have my sympathy Arklow. I lost mine in December and he's sorely missed.

You have my sympathy Arklow. I lost mine in December and he's sorely missed.

Thanks. It wasn't so bad with our last dog because he was old and had a long, full life. This one was only a lad and full of fun.
I'll get over it in a few days I suppose.

Condolences, really sad as he's so young, all you can do is remember the good times and that you gave him a great life

My budgie died overnight. Completely floored me. I've had her for nearly seven years.

Pets can fuck off, all they do is break your fucking heart.

My budgie died overnight. Completely floored me. I've had her for nearly seven years.

Pets can fuck off, all they do is break your fucking heart.

Sorry to hear that Dan - but if you have pets you know that they are going to go before you do (unless you are unlucky) - still hurts though

I will no doubt be devastated when the cat I have goes (& which I didn't really want but inherited from one of my sons) - about 11 now so has a few years hopefully. An endearing character if vaguely mental at times.

Just watched 'The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas' a terrific film but a real tough watch, the thing that saddens me and terrifies me most is that only today I was reading that 20% of our population....yes 20%, thinks the holocaust either didn't happen or is grossly exaggerated, for fucks sake it was only 75 years ago and there is limitless documentation,
Scares the shit outta me, I really worry for the future of my grandkids

No it's supposedly only 5% that don't believe it happened.

Either I read it wrong or a rubbish report, whatever its still a worrying amount of people

Back