• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

So i rang my folks this evening, as dad hasn't been well recently, and he's a few long term health issues anyway.
Fortunately, he's a bit better. However learned my aunt who has MS fell this week and broke her ankle. Bad break too - apparently bone popped through skin.:yikes:
Then brother was told today he's being made redundant...

Shit Warren, it never rains but it pours!

Sorry to hear that LJ. Hoping that things improve for you and your family soon.

Shit Warren, it never rains but it pours!

Thank you gents.
I have spoken with my auntie - she's had her operation and is quite perky. She's adamant she doesn't want visitors/to be a burden etc, but has a pin in the leg currently. Legacy of NHS cuts means she hasn't been admitted to a ward yet (still - even though they've been able to schedule and carry out her operation!)
Also spoken with brother this morning. After the shock subsided, he feels better and is more positive. He's starting doing job applications. Which is good, as yesterday he was really shaken up. His redundancy package (I added that word in to avoid an addition on the fnarr thread...) should mean there is no immediate need to panic, and fingers crossed he can get himself something i the coming months.

The kindness and support of this forum is its biggest blessing imo.

When we go away our Dog is looked after by a lovely Lady and her husband (Sue & Terry). They have him at their house, take him on huge walks and generally give him the attention he needs, we chose this option over using a boarding kennel.

Saddened to learn this morning that Terry died on Christmas Day.

Last edited:
No not a bloody turd!! She was a fan tail, had her for years. Although for about 6 months she'd had trouble, like she was full of wind and so kept on floating. Found her this morning, no more full of wind! Only 3 left, then gonna get rid of tank.

You mean you don't have a formal funeral with a pet cemetary at the end of the garden with (very) little headstones - & I thought that you were an animal lover :)

:icon_lol: I do Parkin, infact I think everyone does don't they. Got 3 Canaries and a Parrot in mine. Unfortunately, me fishes go from this world the same route as me poo's do!

Had to fire someone today. My first time doing it. Very unpleasant.

And sad because I know the guy has a wife and two kids.

Had to fire someone today. My first time doing it. Very unpleasant.

And sad because I know the guy has a wife and two kids.

What was the reason then? - gross misconduct then it shouldn't really be an issue - if its due to company reorganisation or contraction then would agree that its a much more difficult scenario

Back