• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

He didn't pass his probation. He was grossly inept for the type of work we do. His team were carrying him despite his best efforts.

My boss usually handles these things but he's away so it was me and his TL and someone from HR

He didn't pass his probation. He was grossly inept for the type of work we do. His team were carrying him despite his best efforts.

My boss usually handles these things but he's away so it was me and his TL and someone from HR

Sad, but some go into in the wrong job - its not that humane to allow them to remain there - had to do it a few times, usually during the probationary period when they have shown that they are not right for the job.

Unpleasant, but necessary

Its harder when you have 3, who are all perfectly competent, but have to lay off 1 due to business contraction - and have had to do that as well

Just found out that my best mates Mum has had her chemo stopped and has dropped off a cliff today and isn't good.

She's only in her 50's FFS. She's been battling the damn illness for years but looks like it is finally going to win.

Don't know what to do for him, other than be there and support.

So sad.

Just found out that my best mates Mum has had her chemo stopped and has dropped off a cliff today and isn't good.

She's only in her 50's FFS. She's been battling the damn illness for years but looks like it is finally going to win.

So sad.

50's, no age is it, terrible.That's all you can do Stan, to be there and support.

So sad.

That is all you can do. Be there to offer support if and when needed, and also be there when anger is vented.

50's is too early (though I have seen much younger)

Agree with what others have said- you can only be there for support when needed

Thanks for the words guys, just needed to vent my frustration yesterday.

Don't be afraid to vent again where needed fella.
& make sure you and your best mate engage in self care, to support best mates mum.

Don't know whether this makes me sad or happy, but Jermaine Defoe has gone massively up in my esteem:

3045a8aad42aaabf4caae800e5c59370.png

Don't know whether this makes me sad or happy, but Jermaine Defoe has gone massively up in my esteem:

Very emotional to see. Full marks to Jermaine Defoe. He obviously cares a lot for Bradley. It is so sad to see such a young lad so very poorly.

I just came on this thread to post about that. I really struggle keeping my shit together with this kind of thing.

So sad.
Passed away peacefully last night.

Fucking cancer.

Now the family have to wait 3/4 weeks for a funeral because of how busy the service is.

Fucking Brexit.

Sorry to hear that Stan - condolences to the family concerned

All you can do is be there for your friend as and when he needs it

Passed away peacefully last night.

Fucking cancer.

Now the family have to wait 3/4 weeks for a funeral because of how busy the service is.

Fucking Brexit.

Shite news Jack. Don't fret about how to act with your mate, if he needs to talk he'll talk.

Shite news Jack. Don't fret about how to act with your mate, if he needs to talk he'll talk.

Thanks mate.

He's already said he wants to meet up for a pint next week so I'll get chance to chat to him then.

Thanks mate.

He's already said he wants to meet up for a pint next week so I'll get chance to chat to him then.

That's decent then.

Goes without saying but always there if you need a chat as well btw.

Back