• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Let's hope the surgeon makes a good fist of it...

I saw the consultant today regarding my hand injury, and basically per six months since the injury, the hand is still next to useless. But at least no operation yet.

He might as well cut the flipping thing off.

Surgery is always a last resort Frank. I appreciate your position, but arguably the fact they are not recommending surgery is a good sign?

Surgery is always a last resort Frank. I appreciate your position, but arguably the fact they are not recommending surgery is a good sign?

Fair comment LJ, it is probably just me feeling sorry for myself at the lack of progress. The whole thing is just getting me down now.

Fair comment LJ, it is probably just me feeling sorry for myself at the lack of progress. The whole thing is just getting me down now.
Understandable Frank.
However, do remember to take stock. I have very little doubt that you have developed all sorts of little ways and strategies to deal with things. I'll wager there are quite a few things that you can do now that you struggled more with 3 months ago.
We experience the now completely, so your frustrations are a feeling that your hand & the situation haven't improved since the accident. Yet if you reflect, I hope there is less pain, a small amount of increased dexterity, and an element of capacity that you didn't have previously. Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves of how far we have come.

It is totally understandable that it gets you down. But i'd strongly encourage you reflect also on all the good things you have done to aid/improve your recovery, and the things that have worked/gone well, no matter how minor they are.

Thank you for your wise words. I will certainly take them on board. Particularly as today I was sent by my employer to see a colleague health consultant, and his verdict was even worse than that of my own consultant.

Eat one 125gram pot of Danone Activia 0% Fat Mango Yoghurt- wait a few hours, Disclaimer may well be less or more than a few hours, and feel it start working.

Stomach cramps quickly followed by nausea. Wait a few minutes and hey presto the weight loss begins. Be prepared to visit the bathroom constantly all evening and all through the night and make sure you have plenty of Andrex.

Now I'm fully aware this will not work for everyone but when I googled about it I read about people with symptoms that mirrored mine. So I'm not unique in suffering the effects of these yoghurts. I really think they should have a warning message on them. It knocked seven colours of crap out of me Literally

The amount of racism and bigotry around on social media today,after last nights attack,thousands of comments on news reports along the lines of "deport them all,Islam is a cancer/cult,destroy mosques,round them up and put them in camps etc etc" is truly horrifying, the amount of people that think all Muslims are killers without seemingly connecting them to the bloke who they buy their fags off in the local shop,who drives the taxi after a night out,the doctor at their local gp surgery and who they chat to,would be amongst those to go as well,it really has depressed me,but we have to call them out on it or its just going to get worse and nastier

The amount of racism and bigotry around on social media today,after last nights attack,thousands of comments on news reports along the lines of "deport them all,Islam is a cancer/cult,destroy mosques,round them up and put them in camps etc etc" is truly horrifying, the amount of people that think all Muslims are killers without seemingly connecting them to the bloke who they buy their fags off in the local shop,who drives the taxi after a night out,the doctor at their local gp surgery and who they chat to,would be amongst those to go as well,it really has depressed me,but we have to call them out on it or its just going to get worse and nastier
Agreed, wish people were more intelligent in general and got the wider picture... Sad to see

One moron commented on my post about the atrocity, that all Muslims were responsible and should be Nuked..... :jack:

it has made me genuinely sad.

One moron commented on my post about the atrocity, that all Muslims were responsible and should be Nuked..... :jack:

I saw that - but refrained from replying. I've no qualms about culling Twitter followers who are stupid enough to give cunts like Robinson, Hopkins etc a voice (and by doing so appear to agree with their abhorrent views) but reading it from friends on Facebook does make me sad. I've given some people a 24 hour 'benefit of the doubt' stay of execution which I'll put down to shock and outrage at the event.

It was appalling reading some stuff on Facebook yesterday morning. The most common comment was "send 'em home". Now considering the majority of terror attacks in this country are carried out by people who were born in the UK, lived here, studied here, worked here....where the fuck are we sending them exactly?

When I woke up yesterday to the news, the wife alreeady had the TV on...her channel of choice was ITV so I was subjected to Piers Morgan going very close to the the "send them home" line. I wonder what inspired the majority of the shit I was reading yesterday morning.

It was appalling reading some stuff on Facebook yesterday morning. The most common comment was "send 'em home". Now considering the majority of terror attacks in this country are carried out by people who were born in the UK, lived here, studied here, worked here....where the fuck are we sending them exactly?

When I woke up yesterday to the news, the wife alreeady had the TV on...her channel of choice was ITV so I was subjected to Piers Morgan going very close to the the "send them home" line. I wonder what inspired the majority of the shit I was reading yesterday morning.

The problem with people who think in such a fucked up, backward way is that it's absolutely impossible to reason with them. You can't defeat ignorance and intolerance with common sense unfortunately.

I saw one of those too. The solution was to drown the perpetrator slowly in front of the family, deport said relations AND associates and everything would be fine. I believe the author turned right at the Conservatives, took the ringroad around UKIP, bypassed the BNP and ended up slightly right of Genghis Khan, stopping only for a brief recap on Mein Kampf.

Back