• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Unless Jeff comes from under his rock it will be tomorrow/Friday when Lopetegui will speak to the press.

Would hope for a change in his wording during that. He will have to give an answer on it as he isn't getting asked about anything else.

Absolutely. It will come to head quickly when they chat before that Friday presser. Hopefully with Lopetegui getting what he wants (within reason obviously!)

Absolutely. It will come to head quickly when they chat before that Friday presser. Hopefully with Lopetegui getting what he wants (within reason obviously!)

Let's hope that 'what he wants' isn't a more prestigious and better funded PL job. The message his mate put out today (not unilaterally, I imagine) was hardly an olive branch.

Also this is reliant on the club suddenly rowing back on the FFP line they pumped out last week, so I can't see it being tied up as neatly as all that before the weekend?

Wouldn't this morning's Tweet have come after the dust settled on last night's meeting anyway?

If it goes tits up I will go apocalyptically nuclear with you but I think a waiting brief is wise for the next couple of days.

Wouldn't this morning's Tweet have come after the dust settled on last night's meeting anyway?
Depends if Lops has him on speed dial or if the meeting was paused as Jeff was late for bed and things will be picked up again after training

Depends if Lops has him on speed dial or if the meeting was paused as Jeff was late for bed and things will be picked up again after training
Could have just done it off his own back, could have done it because the meeting went badly, could have done it because it went well and just wants to keep applying the pressure to ensure the assurances are delivered on.
All guesswork. Fwiw Daz says he thinks he'll be off, but wasn't coming from an ITK perspective, just a feeling

Reactions: b3h
Wolves allowed Balague to do the walk around the pitch interview with Lop when he first joined (probably at Julen's request, but still). That interview was used on all of our official channels and they made a big fuss about it at the time. I find it bizarre that Balague is now putting the boot in on the club/Fosun. I mean, sure, there will be an element of having his mates back - and if Lop has told him the goalposts have changed I can understand his frustration. He'll be looking at things from a purely football/on pitch viewpoint, where as Shi & Co will have a much wider picture and understanding of the clubs finances (at least I bloody hope so). So there will always be a bit of disagreement on what's possible, but you'd hope they would be able to find some middleground. That will be the case at every club up and down the country bar a couple of special cases.

What I feel quite uncomfortable with is the fact Balague is clearly airing Lop's grievances in public.

I'm surprised it's got to this point given all we heard from the club, Lop and others when he was first appointed was how open our discussions and understanding have been from all parties for a number of years. But if someone is capable of fucking up a good thing in record time, it's Jeff Shi.

I just can't see how Julen wouldn't have known we have to sell players because we have to many non homegrown ones. Seems Arsenal have to sell some too. It's just part and parcel of running a football club in the PL. GB tweets seem very strange to me. I'm sure the club are not best pleased seeing that.

As with Everton and Ancelotti, it's naive to think a middling club can hire a top manager and not have to work hard/be lucky to keep them.

If the club have been acting like we have Mick Beale or Nathan Jones in charge and trying to change the goalposts, it's not smart

If Hobbs was part of the meeting, then it clearly has to do with footballing and transfer policy.

I just can't see how Julen wouldn't have known we have to sell players because we have to many non homegrown ones. Seems Arsenal have to sell some too. It's just part and parcel of running a football club in the PL. GB tweets seem very strange to me. I'm sure the club are not best pleased seeing that.
Same with Chelsea. They have a massive loss that they have to manage and will get rid of several players.

The difference between Arsenal, Chelsea and us, is that their fringe players are much easier to sell than ours and get decent money for them.

Back