• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

The 1.5ppg has potential to be a dangerous red herring, and I think Julen recognises that. Similar to Lage's season (obviously not on the same scale) the performances haven't necessarily warranted that return, and that's rarely sustainable long term. 55+ points with this squad would be a significant overachievement, with or without Neves.

I'm not at all comfortable with JL using client journalists to get what he wants. If there is a disconnect between the board and JL it should be behind closed doors.
Yep totally agree.

Regardless of the outcome no one has or will come out of this looking goog.

And if that has already been tried and it didn’t work? What then?
Then we're already past the point of no return.

Edit. I see what you're saying Alan, and if that's the case it doesn't bode well for the future. If disagreements can't be resolved without going public it doesnt, to me anyway, suggest a long and fruitful relationship is on the cards.

Last edited:
My impression of the timeline was that Jeff and Lop had already had the conversation, Julen didn't like what he heard, and so that's why he's briefed the press to put the pressure on. Now Jeff's got a few weeks to either sort his shit out or start looking for a patsy

At this point, with all the chatter coming out from some usually fairly reliable sources, I'd actually be amazed if Lop was our manager come the start of the new season.

Lop has the power on this one he knows he can get a job elsewhere pretty quickly, he can evidence his worth to Fosun on how he’s saved their arse. If the budget he wants is totally unrealistic then yes you don’t bankroll the club for one bloke I imagine it’s somewhere in the middle and both parties need to compromise somewhat however Lop will probably just say “I can get better elsewhere” and leave

I'm not sure if it's relevant or not but chuck the moutinho thing in as well and it does feel like "trouble at mill".

Lop I doubt is a 100% innocent in all this his antics on the eve of the 2018 World Cup were not exactly honourable.
Airing his grievance to the media knowing full well it will cause a storm and he knows full well the fan base will be on his side.
The whole thing stinks if you ask me.

Lop I doubt is a 100% innocent in all this his antics on the eve of the 2018 World Cup were not exactly honourable.
Airing his grievance to the media knowing full well it will cause a storm and he knows full well the fan base will be on his side.
The whole thing stinks if you ask me.
I've had more years of Jeff Shi fucking my club up with shit appointments, bullshit communication and Vinny and his ever-rising ticket price demands.
I'll back Lop if it's okay with you. The stink comes from Jeff

I've had more years of Jeff Shi fucking my club up with shit appointments, bullshit communication and Vinny and his ever-rising ticket price demands.
I'll back Lop if it's okay with you. The stink comes from Jeff

So have I cheers, read what I said before flying off the handle. 100% innocent I said going public and causing a public stir of emotions isn’t a good way of doing things.
Proportion of the blame is at Jeff door but not all of it.

I'm late to comment on this but I think that it has already gone past the point of no return. Fosun/Jeff won't be appreciative of a public fall out and I guess they'll also be fuming that they will look like they have gone back on their word regardless of what was said behind closed doors when he took over.

I also concur with some of the comments re the treatment of players. If he was here for the long term then you could understand him leaving out the players who'll be going anyway and not be worried about upsetting them. The random ins and outs for some of the squad places has been a little bizarre of late and could point to him not giving a shit about who he upsets.

If he'd signed up to to be a rest of season fire fighter with an option of staying then I'd have been delighted with the job he has done, I still am, but it will be a somewhat disappointing departure if he goes. Not necessarily for him choosing to go, more a case that we'll be left as a Palace type club who are just looking to survive when I thought that his appointment would mean that the owners were serious about challenging in the top ten.

We don't know wherever 'blame' lies because we don't know what Lopetegui wants and how realistic that is or even if he's using it as an exit strategy. All we do think we know is that the situation is real and the original leaks last week to PTS and LL were done in a ham-fisted fashion. I'm all for bashing Jeff, but I'm not there with the Lopetegui element of this yet.

Last edited:
I don’t think it is point of no return at all. It’s a grown up manager telling Shi to stop being a cunt.

Yesterday maybe, the latest tweet from Balague is surely an escalation into 'life after Wolves' territory however

Back