• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Boozad

Numbnuts / Moderator
Reaction score
Wing backs a definite must in January? I’d have thought so. Maybe a central forward / striker depending on how Raul is doing?

I want a little less naivety. No more spending most of the window trying to get someone who’ll jilt us on the last day of the window.

Too early to say really. Nuno wanted and has got a fairly lean squad. I doubt we will be as lucky with injuries this season as we were last, so I'd imagine these will dictate priorities.

Wonder if Zinchenko will have a change of heart after 4 months watching from the stands? And would Nuno still take him?

Too much negativity from some people. I know we were in the Championship last season, but looking at the squad we have now I am well satisfied. I'm sure we will be fine. Keep the faith.

Far too early to say. If we are top 7 at Xmas it may attract some players who strongly interested in European football, so that would set another benchmark we have to reach.
We may be well backed financially but let's get real. We are a newly promoted club and do not have a strong premier league pedigree. Many of us would be a bit disappointed to see this squad finish 14th but that would still represent our highest ever premier league finish. That's how expectations have changed. I am delighted with our squad on paper and will be even more pleased if they get together quickly. We have done some seriously beat business. The players who rejected us it's their loss. Roll on tomorrow.

Tavolieri claims that the 24-year-old - who is the younger brother of Manchester United's Romelu Lukaku - has already held a meeting with Wolves owner Guo Guangchang in Brussels.

Odd person to meet to discuss the move to Wolves unless Fosun have read this forum and the big boys are moving in to secure a wing back

I'd have thought we were way down the list of Fosun companies for Guo to get personally involved,he's got Jeff for that sort of thing

Well no of course he didn't, which is why it's made up

Wonder if Zinchenko will have a change of heart after 4 months watching from the stands? And would Nuno still take him?

I always thought we were after him to play in midfield as a kind of left footed Neves rather than wing back

Looks like The Mount is their go-to hotel, then.

Don't think Guo has any direct involvement with us IIRC.

Don't think Guo has any direct involvement with us IIRC.

You're probably right. I'm sure The Mount was the first hotel that popped up on Tripadvisor and he asked the organisers for any old football tops and scarves to wear.

Zinchenko now being linked with a loan move to Betis and Girona

Back