• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

He can go there for a year, impress, and still be a Man City player at the end of it. Hardly rocket science to make that decision is it?

He can go there for a year, impress, and still be a Man City player at the end of it. Hardly rocket science to make that decision is it?

He could have done that with us, if he'd have had the mind to.

He could have done that with us, if he'd have had the mind to.

We may have only wanted a permanent deal, whether it had been in the window just gone or at the end of the season like Dendoncker. Maybe he ultimately didn't want that and would have been happy with a loan but we said no.

City have made their mind up on him, it's irrelevant. Whether he does well in Spain or not, they don't want or need him.

City have made their mind up on him, it's irrelevant. Whether he does well in Spain or not, they don't want or need him.
Indeed. Anybody they've let go on loan they've shifted on pretty quickly for a nice profit. One thing is for sure, neither of those clubs would pay £16m as rumoured.

We were ONLY offering a permanent deal so that is not true is it.

With all due respect mate.. you can’t possibly know that for sure Paddy.

When he turned down the permanent deal we may have broached a season long loan... who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admittedly it’s all pure speculation on my part anyway. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen nothing to suggest that we ever had any discussions with City about loaning Zinchenko, purely to buy. With the exception of Jonny and Borthwick-Jackson all of our loans under Fosun had a clause to buy the player and if Zinchenko was not keen on coming to us permanently then then this may have been the reason we never looked to get him in on loan - we have no interest in developing another team's players.

Perhaps Zinchenko thinks if he works hard and does well on loan then he can force his way into Pep's first team plans. And if he does think that, fair play to him.

If he's going to be first choice playing CM for them it's hardly a difficult decision for him.

Also he had to make his mind up and chose not to come after which Pep may have laid it on the line "you are not gonna play" obviously too late for us. FWIW I agree with post above it ain't a bad move.

Also he had to make his mind up and chose not to come after which Pep may have laid it on the line "you are not gonna play" obviously too late for us. FWIW I agree with post above it ain't a bad move.

Pep had made that clear by accepting our bid 4 weeks before deadline day (ignore Sky saying we agreed the deal on the Tuesday before DD). The player knew as he agreed terms with us on the Wednesday but got up on the day of his medical and decided against it, which he is perfectly entitled to do of course. I do find it funny that people get bent out of shape when a player turns down a move to their club and take it as a personal rejection.

Personally I couldn't give a fig about him, I don't mean to say I don't rate him he didn't come end of. I think if he had made his mind up earlier it would of been better but us hanging around for him was our choice.
I think the club are wise enough to make the decisions and I'm sure if we had landed a better option in the interim we would have dumped the idea of getting him in quick smart.

I dunno, 60m would be a good return in Fosun's view i would imagine.

Back