• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

£120m!? I like him a lot, but that's unrealistic.

The way the market is going Ruben Neves at 23/24, established Portuguese international, could very easily be worth £100m +

The way the market is going Ruben Neves at 23/24, established Portuguese international, could very easily be worth £100m +

I agree with this, if we sell him in January (and its not Ruben forcing a move) then the plan/project is all hot air.

On the other hand
If they approached and assured him he'd be a starter (and PL winners medal probably) you have to think anyone would be interested.
If you as a 21 yr old start on the mega bucks you're gonna have some career. Basically its up to Ruben himself.

I don't expect Neves to leave in Jan, however I don't expect him to be here in August

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal · 40m40 minutes ago

City are looking at Ruben Neves and are working to discover his situation/Wolves' plans. Txiki Begiristain and Jorge Mendes get on really well, though apparently Mourinho has got word of it and isn't happy. City worried United could rival any potential bid

Simple: Wolves plans are not to sell Ruben Neves.

working to discover his situation/Wolves' plans.

Will sell for £80m+ if all we achieve this year is survival in the Prem and will tell them to fuck off in January if they ask

Saved them some work there.

He'd be mental to go to Utd.

I'd say it's unlikely to be Jose's problem come January.

I can safely say that Jorge gets on rather better with our guys due to us owning chunks of his business.

The long term plan is surely to sell Neves though. Huge fee could kick start some serious spending would it not?

Yes - but January isn't long term plan. I think Summer 2020 and off to Real or Barca for well over £100m would be that plan (for Neves - Jota we have to see how he continues to adapt).

Money isn't our issue, it's attracting players before we've actually done anything (we've done way better than we should have over the last two years, by rights).

We don't need £60m+ (make your own figure up) from selling Neves to be able to spend.

Ruben would be much better off completing a season with Wolves, in the summer if he really wants to go then fair enough. Man U he could walk in just as the manager walks out (or as suggested they wont be after him as Jose will have gone) and at City he will be in the same boat as Porto where game time could be limited.

I will be very surprised if he moves in January, to be honest if we do well I will be surprised if he leaves for another few years.

He has already said many times how much he is enjoying his time here and he is still so young, why not enjoy your football for a few years and if Wolves ambition hasn't matched his move on. I suspect we will splash some serious cash in January and if we are top 10 it only helps this situation.

The Jorge decides crap is utter bollocks he works for us not the other way round.

I’ve said it before but I think Neves will go to City in the summer if he has a good injury free season with us this year.

I don't think so. City have an absolutely stocked midfield. How is he going to get games there?

Fernandinho is 33 and visibly creaking, they have no-one else to play there.

I did wonder if we were looking at Zinchenko as a possible successor to Rubens somewhat inevitable departure.

Back