• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Really petty but here we go,
Just sold some old radio control transmitters on eBay, collection only because they’d have cost a fortune to post, in the big metal cases they’re in, pissed me off they went for £1.50 each, same bloke bought both of em, he now has to trek it up from Cornwall to fetch em !
Don’t think he was expecting to win them with a low bid, now going to cost him a fair bit in fuel, and maybe overnight accommodation

Had similar recently with some chairs but turned out the buyer organized some sort of adhoc courier service and ended up with a bloke from Manchester collecting the chairs from mine, dropping them with the buyer down in Somerset or somewhere and then carrying on to visit his brother on the South coast. Said the fee he got for being the courier would pay for the journey and about a weeks worth of fuel on top.

Collection items can be a nightmare on ebay

Had a few ebayers win/buy and then asked when they would like to collect only for them to say "Didn't know it was collection only, I live in *insert place 300 miles away here* can you post it

Its a fucking sofa bed mate, I don't have enough stamps...

I had that with selling a bike when I lived in Machynlleth mid wales, quite a few along the lines of
Why do you live there? It’s miles away
Can you bring it to me on the train, but I’m not paying for tickets
What a stupid place to live, why aren’t you closer to me?

My fave place for selling collection only is the local sell and buy page on Facebook

List Item
Get Message "This still available"
Reply "Yes it is"
Never hear from that person ever again.

Whack that on repeat for a few days

Get some wonderfully optimistic listings on there.

"Pack of plasters. Only two taken out of the box. £2"

Get some wonderfully optimistic listings on there.

"Pack of plasters. Only two taken out of the box. £2"
Jersey Buy and Sell on fb is amazing. A lot of the time it's folk selling stuff they've had in the garage for a couple of decades and can't be arsed to take it to the tip.

Errrrr....

Kind of thing middle aged women with three cats buy.

"Ideal for making a quirky coffee table. A real talking point at your next dinner party"

My fave place for selling collection only is the local sell and buy page on Facebook

List Item
Get Message "This still available"
Reply "Yes it is"
Never hear from that person ever again.

Whack that on repeat for a few days
Having been new to FB marketplace last summer it was an entertaining journey. Cleared out loads of furniture and just tat from the old house we no longer had a home for or didn’t fit. Tons of the “is this available” and not respond, didn’t get it. Then you get people buying stuff for nothing and paying more in postage… sold some wardrobe rails for more than they are brand new after the postage. Told him this but he just said he couldn’t get to ikea so it was fine.

Then there was nice desks which you’ve looked after and said “great condition” and stored in neatly protected in the garage. Then some bloke turns up, gives you £100 and rams it in his fiesta and slams the door on it…

And then there’s the barterers. Selling something for £20 you spent £60 on not long ago. “Will you take £5”. Erm, no?

Made a decent amount on their tbf on stuff you’d normally probably just take to the tip. Great for kids toys and costumes and things like that. But things and then sell them on for same price when they’ve had enough of it. Obviously good for environment too!

And then there’s the barterers. Selling something for £20 you spent £60 on not long ago. “Will you take £5”. Erm, no?

:D

Had that with a printer years ago. Got a new one free with a new laptop, I obviously don't need two so sell the older one. Can't have been more than 18 months old, only wanted £25 or something for it, they weren't cheap in PC World and the like then.

"I'll give you £10". No you won't, sunshine.

Also "does this work". No mate, it's broken. I was just hoping you wouldn't notice then would also forget where I live after you've come to pick it up. For God's sake.

Seen the both sides of FB Marketplace. Had some absolutely idiots when trying to sell stuff. So have wolves never to do that again. But by conversing normally with sellers I’ve managed to get some great bargains. Actually had people thank me for being normal when turning up to collect items.

Good and bad to all online selling outlets...we generally remember the bad due to how annoying/stupid they are.

Had a good one on FB today as it happens. Said they would turn up at 9am today and did. Handed over the money and left. Happy days

Back