• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The son has been a bit down recently, working a job for an agency he hates doing, sometimes he'd be sent home without pay when not required.

He called in sick today, Started a new job as trainee chef, (trial shift) just text me on his break to say he loves it and although it's a bit less pay to start, he's sent a message to his old employer saying he won't be back.
Good to hear! It stinks to not a work at a place where you are not respected and/or truly enjoy.

Good luck to him, and if I need any cooking tips I know who to DM on here to pass the message along:D

I hated having to cut labor and send people home early from Starbucks. Some of those baristas really needed the hours they were scheduled, but alas...

As for your son, what a badass. Probably seems mundane but I wish I had it in me to just leave a job when I've had enough.

Keeping my fingers crossed for him!
I'd like to think I've always encouraged him to be willing to do the graft, but don't sell himself short. I'd consider a job as a means to live, if I can do something that I enjoy and can afford to do the things I enjoy from time to time, that beats having a few more quid in the bank.

Mum has had her last-but-one operation today of her treatment/recovery so the end is in sight. For context, she was diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time in May last year (luckily a very tiny tumour caught very early as it was an aggressive cancer) - she initially had a lumpectomy with chemotherapy, but a gene test showed she had the BRCA-2 gene deficiency so had to have a further mastectomy and reconstruction with an implant. They found lots of pre-cancerous cells in the tissue so good job she had the mastectomy!

Sadly the surgeon FUBARed a little by not stitching her back up in some bits so she had another operation for a temporary implant (as her body rejected the initial implant), then had her ovaries removed today as a risk-reducing surgery, and has her permanent implant operation at the end of the July.

It has been an absolute war, but only one more battle to fight. The sad thing is the gene means she'll always be a high-risk, but this time last year I was genuinely worried she wouldn't be around much longer, so I'm taking all of the wins.

Club members, local residents, the police and local councillors who turned up at the cricket club that I’m involved with tonight, after travellers had sheared the locks off of the gate and set up camp. A section 61 notice (?) was served and they left within a few hours of arriving with thankfully minimal damage caused. I’ll even thank one traveller family who had parked in the middle of the square and accepted the request to move it elsewhere.
A real show of community to help keep our little piece of green and pleasant land in a state fit for providing sporting activities for the local population.

If they sheared the locks off they are relatively easy to remove. It’s when entry to land is left open that they are harder to shift.

Happy to say that this morning we closed on our first house.It took a long time to find the exact one we wanted,but finally did so.Has the land she wants to put horses which was key and room for the dirt bike course I wanted also haha.

😀

Getting a lil sister for my cat tonight!

Confirming dates at work for me to take some time off to come back home for a week or 2 in November. :)
I'll reply and quote myself, which in is itself is really tragic
But flights booked for back end of November. Sadly we play fulham away so no home game.
Short trip to Edinburgh scheduled too during our time back home, just be nice to hear some friendly voices and chomp down on some proper food :)

Maybe it’ll be like having his favorite meal for the first time again!

Sincerely hope his recuperation continues well, bud.

My step sister just called and told me that she is pregnant and I could not be happier for her! Not to get too personal, but something happened to her when she was younger in which the doctor told her she could not have kids, so this is indeed very special for her and her husband! She asked me if we(My lady and I) wanted to be the god parents and I said yes of course!

Now to check out the Wolves online store for baby items haha...:D

My step sister just called and told me that she is pregnant and I could not be happier for her! Not to get too personal, but something happened to her when she was younger in which the doctor told her she could not have kids, so this is indeed very special for her and her husband! She asked me if we(My lady and I) wanted to be the god parents and I said yes of course!

That's excellent mate, pleased for her. Tbf you're probably getting the best end of the deal as god parents, you'll get to do cool stuff with the little un and hand him/her back for the shitty nappies and sleepless nights😁

And people say miracles don't happen!

Can only imagine how overjoyed they must be.

And people say miracles don't happen!

Can only imagine how overjoyed they must be.
She called me back about an hour ago and said if it is a boy, they may just name it after me! Now that would be something!

Back