• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Having a 10 year old daughter has its benefits. We have 3 strategically placed seed holders on/in the Hawthorne tree about 18 feet from the kitchen window and she filled them all this morning.
It gives us huge pleasure watching the birds fighting and barging for the seeds.
Little wrens and sparrows stand either side of the holders just literally fucking the seeds out continuously onto the lawn. There are about 20/23 of them in the tree, waiting for their turn and on the table is a wood pigeon with beautiful colours on its neck and chest and on the lawn reaping maximum benefit are 2 doves (always a pair) another 2 pigeons and 5 or 6 wrens a bluetit and a couple of sparrows walking around feeding off the bounty. There'll be a couple of robins later too. ( I thought robins were terretorial birds...?)
But the 2 pigeons on the floor are big fat bastards! Really big and fat!
You'd marvel and place small bets that they wouldn't be able to take off!

Making a few quid from Russian military watches on eBay, who’d have thought there’s a demand for them? I’ve a fairly reliable supply from a mate in Ukraine, who gets them from other suppliers in Ukraine if you know what I mean.
I’m aware it’s probably a morally wrong thing to do, it’s helping while I’m unemployed and waiting for the dole office to sort my money out

Sure nobody really noticed haha, but its been forever since I posted on here and to the reasons why:

I was in a horrific car wreck and almost lost my life and was in and out of the hospital for several months.Luckily was able to pull through but am still not physically back to where I was.Also, during this time my fiance and I broke up and I ended up losing my job. To say I was depressed would be a vast understatement.

Fast forward to now though. I am in a new relationship with a great woman who I have known for several years, have a new job which I very much enjoy(Assistant director of a local planetarium), and am better mentally than I have been in a long time. Though following Wolves as best I could during this spell did not totally help with that lol!

Anyway, glad to be back on here and am happy indeed.

Great to have you back @Butters

Glad you have come through what sounds like an horrific period in your life and bounced back

Last edited:
Sure nobody really noticed haha, but its been forever since I posted on here and to the reasons why:

I was in a horrific car wreck and almost lost my life and was in and out of the hospital for several months.Luckily was able to pull through but am still not physically back to where I was.Also, during this time my fiance and I broke up and I ended up losing my job. To say I was depressed would be a vast understatement.

Fast forward to now though. I am in a new relationship with a great woman who I have known for several years, have a new job which I very much enjoy(Assistant director of a local planetarium), and am better mentally than I have been in a long time. Though following Wolves as best I could during this spell did not totally help with that lol!

Glad to hear your life is moving on and you're happy after that lot.

Felt weird liking this post but good to hear you are doing well now.

Hope it's all positive and better for you now. Fitter and stronger, glad its working out for you.

The drop in heat and a bit of rain to water the garden :)

my neighbours house is up for sale.
I am happy, because they are CUNTS. Of the highest order. vile people. he's a wife beating cunt. both are spiteful people. they called the police to report "nuisance" when the neighbours the other side got married in their garden, during the day, and there was no noise nuisance. he's upset mrs jelly more than once. they're despicable.
I am sure his "improvements" to the home will have devalued it.
I spend far more time than is healthy wishing them misfortune.
I will party the day they leave, because they are fucking horrible people.

my neighbours house is up for sale.
I am happy, because they are CUNTS. Of the highest order. vile people. he's a wife beating cunt. both are spiteful people. they called the police to report "nuisance" when the neighbours the other side got married in their garden, during the day, and there was no noise nuisance. he's upset mrs jelly more than once. they're despicable.
I am sure his "improvements" to the home will have devalued it.
I spend far more time than is healthy wishing them misfortune.
I will party the day they leave, because they are fucking horrible people.
Totally empathise with this - we had awful neighbours a while back - keyed our car, shouted at my then wife, blasted music at all times of day - first we knew of them going was the removals van turning up - a day of great joy - hope they sell quickly!

Love this. The more this evil thing get`s beat the better I feel.
For sure friend. We are so, so happy for him and his family. He has 6 kids and a wonderful wife and is such a great guy. Going to a local steakhouse tonight with his family, and bunch of us friends of his, to celebrate.

Unfortunately, he likes Palace but will forgive him that...for now haha.

The son has been a bit down recently, working a job for an agency he hates doing, sometimes he'd be sent home without pay when not required.

He called in sick today, Started a new job as trainee chef, (trial shift) just text me on his break to say he loves it and although it's a bit less pay to start, he's sent a message to his old employer saying he won't be back.

Last edited:
The son has been a bit down recently, working a job for an agency he hates doing, sometimes he'd be sent home without pay when not required.

He called in sick today, Started a new job as trainee chef, (trial shift) just text me on his break to say he loves it and although it's a bit less pay to start, he's sent a message to his old employer saying he won't be back.
I hated having to cut labor and send people home early from Starbucks. Some of those baristas really needed the hours they were scheduled, but alas...

As for your son, what a badass. Probably seems mundane but I wish I had it in me to just leave a job when I've had enough.

Keeping my fingers crossed for him!

Back