• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Old man, he’s 96, had to go into a care home in May, he had a chest infection a few weeks ago and went into New Cross, I know the NHS is on its knees but it nearly killed him as they have bigger priorities than a 96 yr old.
Anyway he was discharged back to the care home about three weeks ago and started to regain the vast amount of weight he lost in hospital.
He had a bit of a turn yesterday and they phoned me to ask if I wanted them to call an ambulance, I told them no and they said they hoped I’d say that.
They’re absolutely brilliant and they love him, so it’s a big shout out from me for care home staff, they get shit money and are still absolute angels.

Went to see my old man at the care home this afternoon, he asked me how the Wolves were getting on, first time he’s mentioned the Wolves for ages.
Hadn’t got the heart to tell him what a fucking shit show it is at the moment.

66 today. State Pension Birthday.
Cant deny that the money will come in handy.
After being retired for four years and having to be quite frugal, this will make life a lot easier.
Im determined to collect it for at least another 34 years so I get my monies worth! 😄😄

My eldest great grandaughter is aged 8 and has been selected for the leeds Women's Artistic Gymnatics squad competing locally, regionally and nationally.

Last edited:
70 today, been to the Two Greens Tettenhall with the family and off to Butlins Minehead in the morning for our annual break which we’ve been having since my youngest Granddaughter was six weeks old, she’s now fourteen.

Happy birthday Trev.

Good to see you back around the forum recently even if the rest of it is shit

A government department that actually works well.

Applied for my new passport online on Tuesday, arrived this morning
It'll feel like 3 days getting through passport control.

It'll feel like 3 days getting through passport control.
Was expecting a nightmare in Rome last month

Arrived, got shuttled down the Third Country line....electronic gates...that worked well....then the worlds most disinterested border control staff member stamped the passport. All done in less than 10 mins

Back