• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Was expecting a nightmare in Rome last month

Arrived, got shuttled down the Third Country line....electronic gates...that worked well....then the worlds most disinterested border control staff member stamped the passport. All done in less than 10 mins
1691150363576.png

Was expecting a nightmare in Rome last month

Arrived, got shuttled down the Third Country line....electronic gates...that worked well....then the worlds most disinterested border control staff member stamped the passport. All done in less than 10 mins
Took us nearly an hour to get through Faro two weeks ago and the same when we got back into Brum. Queuing at both sets of gates too which pissed everybody right off.

Happy to hear that about Rome I'm off there in September.

Last edited:
Faro was nightmare when we were still in the EU (or was when I visited)

Birmingham is a nightmare right now as half of it is closed as they install the new very clever scanning machines that will end the requirement for liquids etc to be in a little bag. So all traffic through 1 section.

Don't check your passport in Dublin do they?
Yes they certainly do! There have been times when there have been 3 or 4 people manning the booths instead of about 10 or 11 and the queue has been several hundred long! Though I think that has been sorted now. They always scan it in .
Mind you, we're going over to the UK in November and the ferry is going from Belfast to Cairnryans so they don't check passports because it's UK to UK....

Never had my passport checked going to Dublin via plane or ferry.
Coming back by plane you go straight to luggage collection and skip the passport line (unless that has now changed of course)

Last year via Ferry we drove off, got stopped and asked what Country we lived in and then waved through.

Coming back by plane you go straight to luggage collection and skip the passport line (unless that has now changed of course)

Last year via Ferry we drove off, got stopped and asked what Country we lived in and then waved through.
😲
Mind you, when we went to the UK last time we went through the 'From Ireland' door and that was it...

As a kid we travelled by coach to Italy, through France, Germany and Austria. Day before we travelled my mum had her handbag stolen containing our passports.

Got there and back without anyone checking, was asked to fill a form in as our ferry landed in Dover, then waved on.

Last edited:
As a kid we travelled by coach to Italy, through France, Germany and Austria. Day before we travelled my mum had her handbag stolen containing our passports.

Got there and back without anyone checking, was asked to fill a form in as our ferry landed in Dover, then waived on.
Back in the day, your kids names were just written in the back of your passport, could have been anybody's kids

They were checked at the weekend at the boarding gate and on arrival

Back