• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Never had my passport checked going to Dublin via plane or ferry.
Coming back by plane you go straight to luggage collection and skip the passport line (unless that has now changed of course)

Last year via Ferry we drove off, got stopped and asked what Country we lived in and then waved through.
IME, most airline operators will ask for ID when physically checking in/baggage dropping or at the boarding gate.

Getting a new job.

Be saying goodbye to my weekly trips to Milton Roundabouts and replacing it with trips to Leeds instead (Kirkstall Forge area) from September.

Hardest interview process I have done as well. Having to do a presentation was 5 days of personal hell but its fair to say I fookin nailed it on the day.

Getting a new job.

Be saying goodbye to my weekly trips to Milton Roundabouts and replacing it with trips to Leeds instead (Kirkstall Forge area) from September.

Hardest interview process I have done as well. Having to do a presentation was 5 days of personal hell but its fair to say I fookin nailed it on the day.
Congratulations!
What are you gonna be doing?
Working from home much? (As in still managing this place?)

Congratulations!
What are you gonna be doing?
Working from home much? (As in still managing this place?)
Not 100% sure yet as it's a new department i have to set up but essentially looking after big companies who spend a shit load on company cars each year but not selling them anything.

Most of it will be wfh with a weekly trip oop North.

Getting a new job.

As usual, I'm the last to know....

Job interviews are horrific. They are pretty much all the things I hate rolled into one.

I’ve been at my current job since 2002 but the summer before last I needed to look at starting an hour later every morning so I could take over doing the school run. I didn’t want to ask my bosses for it as I knew I couldn’t afford the wage reduction I presumed they would want in return.

On a bit of a whim I applied for a job not expecting anything to come from it. 3 Zoom interviews and 1 in person interview later and I somehow inexplicably ended up with a job offer. Maybe I’m not as socially horrific as I think I am!

As it turned out, once I told my employers about it, they offered me both a reduction in my hours and a nice pay rise so it worked out pretty well :D

Had a good day at work. Can't go into details, such is the nature of it, but first time in the new job I've been able to take something from start to the finish, and a satisfactory finish (fnarr...).

How will you get by without being on a super long haul flight about every other Tuesday?

Further to a good news week, my mum has had the all-clear from gynaecology at the hospital today that they didn't find any traces of cancer in her ovaries, womb or surrounding area (she has the BRCA-2 deficiency gene) so, after all her breast cancer treatment, we're finally through fifteen months of non-stop hospital appointments.

I've got to have the gene test myself for BRCA-2 in September, but for now just going to take a deep breath and enjoy the fact we've made it!

Back