• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Cheers lads (and Paul)...

I bloody HATE gardening but I'm happy enough doing the building stuff. Brick BBQ is next on the list

My lad just got told he's got the job he interviewed for on Friday, he is getting made redundant from his current one at the end of the month.
Big weight off my mind (and his obviously) was a bit concerned about him job hunting in the current climate.

Dug a fucking ridiculous amount of ground elder out of the garden this week. Two bins full and it feels like barely a dent has been made in some ways, but two beds look so much better than they did.

I reckon it would come back if I sprayed the entire garden with agent orange and then napalmed the joint.

With my mower having packed up & had to wait for it's replacement to turn up the back lawn was ankle height. Have strimmed it back to the point now that I can risk the mower without destroying the motor, but have found wild flowers growing through so going to leave them to do their thing as not looking for a 'snooker table' stripped surface.

My lad just got told he's got the job he interviewed for on Friday, he is getting made redundant from his current one at the end of the month.
Big weight off my mind (and his obviously) was a bit concerned about him job hunting in the current climate.

That's good news :)

Spoke to one of my son's tonight - with the helpful guidance of a sympathetic lady at the Local Authority has been coached on what answers to give to their questions & has managed to get his firm designated as retail & obtained a grant which will help them through. (also as a result of discussions found that they had been overcharged Business rates & got £3000 back for last year.)

Reading through my Family Tree, which goes back 8 generations.

What a fascinating read :)

My youngest daughter did my Moms side which was good but my Dad was orphaned at 5 years old and grew up to be a farm hand who moved to wherever the work was, I know he lived and worked in Leamington, Wolverhampton and Fradley but other than that you'd need to be Columbo to work anything out :)

My brother has been researching (& writing/self publishing books for family consumption) various bits of our family tree - has found a couple of skeletons in the cupboard!

Just fascinating to see couples names, children's names, places where they were born, died, etc. I have to admit I have great great great grandparents from........the Sandwell area :yikes:

:icon_lol:

My brother has been researching (& writing/self publishing books for family consumption) various bits of our family tree - has found a couple of skeletons in the cupboard!

There always is, I had "Dad, why did your Nan live with your Uncle and your Grandad live with your Auntie ???" and ""How come they had different names ?"

My sister carried on ours after my great Aunt did a lot of work on it throughout the 90s, when I guess it was more difficult.

One of my ancestors was hanged for murder.

Back