• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Had a virtual quiz last night with about 12 friends spread across about 7 houses, was good to see some fresh faces other than those that live here!

Sitting outside with a good book, a decent beer and the family. Not too bad at times this isolation.

Sitting outside with a good book, a decent beer and the family. Not too bad at times this isolation.

Yep been outside doing the prep on my shed building for next weekend, its very pleasant out there, although I've had to come in cos even with the wind, the sun is burning me yead

Had my first ever doctors appointment over the phone this morning, Doctor kept calling me 'matey' , I like him !

Had my first ever doctors appointment over the phone this morning, Doctor kept calling me 'matey' , I like him !

Did he have you stick your fingers up your butt and describe what you felt?

Couldn't understand how that had any relevance to my COPD, but you do what your told

Taking my 1 allowed bit of exercise this morning - & I know I am more fortunate than many as have open space within walking distance

Standing out in the countryside in the sun, with a soft breeze rustling the trees - only sound being the birdsong & the odd bleat from sheep in the fields

That made me happy

Bagged a Tesco click and collect slot for tomorrow. Actual tomorrow.

All the BBC radio stations have linked up for the next 20 minutes or so. Lovely thing to do.

'Those were the days' came on the radio a little while ago - standing on my patio singing (with the correct ending to the chorus naturally) makes one happy :D

No idea what the neighbours think, but then again am not really that fussed.

We are all going to go a bit strange now (some of us sooner than others :nod: )

This afternoon I got to play the "Easter Bunny"!
As a lot of you are aware I am a Volunteer Reserve Trainer with the Air Cadets and last Saturday my Squadron was due to have our Annual fundraising Easter Stall. We had received Easter Egg donations before the lockdown and had a promise of other donations which we decided to not take up. This left us with 28 Easter Eggs of various sizes and so we contacted the local Housing Association who run a Women's Refuge for victims of Domestic Abuse giving a halfway house for them and any children they may have. There has been a little bit of a "spike" in numbers and the refuge currently have 14 women and 9 children sheltering there so I went and got another 4 eggs so that the Squadron could donate 2 eggs to each child as well as an egg to each of the women. The decision to do this was a joint effort by the Squadron Staff and the Civilian Committee but I hope that we have helped in some little way

20200409_135159.jpg

This afternoon I got to play the "Easter Bunny"!
As a lot of you are aware I am a Volunteer Reserve Trainer with the Air Cadets and last Saturday my Squadron was due to have our Annual fundraising Easter Stall. We had received Easter Egg donations before the lockdown and had a promise of other donations which we decided to not take up. This left us with 28 Easter Eggs of various sizes and so we contacted the local Housing Association who run a Women's Refuge for victims of Domestic Abuse giving a halfway house for them and any children they may have. There has been a little bit of a "spike" in numbers and the refuge currently have 14 women and 9 children sheltering there so I went and got another 4 eggs so that the Squadron could donate 2 eggs to each child as well as an egg to each of the women. The decision to do this was a joint effort by the Squadron Staff and the Civilian Committee but I hope that we have helped in some little way

View attachment 2718

Well done Mike - whatever we have needs to be shared out with those less fortunate (looking smarter in uniform than usual as well :) )

Got confirmation just now that the charity I help run has been given a support grant which will ensure that we get though the next few months & got a delivery of essential items out to one of our regular customers this morning - so all in all a good day.

Back