• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

A crazy couple of months but looks like I am moving to Telford.

M-I-L did not fancy living on her own after 55 years of sharing a house so it was decided she would sell up and move in with us, as long as she had her own living space, so that means buying a bigger place.

So her house hit the market early last month and sold inside a week. Now fast approaching completion on that one.
Our house went on the market last week and sold in 4 days and we put an offer in on a house in Dawley Bank and that was accepted. All moving fast now as the mortgage offer has now been confirmed after the valuation etc.
Buyers survey being done on ours on Tuesday.

Hoping to move in May (if the legal folk do their shizzle in good time) as the buyer of the MiL's house has no chain, same with our buyer and our purchase is the end of that chain.

A crazy couple of months but looks like I am moving to Telford.

M-I-L did not fancy living on her own after 55 years of sharing a house so it was decided she would sell up and move in with us, as long as she had her own living space, so that means buying a bigger place.

So her house hit the market early last month and sold inside a week. Now fast approaching completion on that one.
Our house went on the market last week and sold in 4 days and we put an offer in on a house in Dawley Bank and that was accepted. All moving fast now as the mortgage offer has now been confirmed after the valuation etc.
Buyers survey being done on ours on Tuesday.

Hoping to move in May (if the legal folk do their shizzle in good time) as the buyer of the MiL's house has no chain, same with our buyer and our purchase is the end of that chain.

Telford Wolves fan club (Bilbrook thrown in for good measure!)

if you've sold, it might become a buyers market...

really feeling for a good friend of mine who emailed today. Advised to self isolate for 12 weeks (underlying health condition). Letter received on the same day his mums house sold, that his brother was desperate to sell ever since she died last year. My friend had been caring for her through her cancer (she elected not to have treatment).

God knows where he's going to move to. Might have to start making space (am already storing several of his guitars!)

Cut the grass yesterday for the first time this year, did some weeding, washed out the bird baths etc, then read some of my book.Felt good to be out in the garden.

I think over the next couple of months there's going to be some immaculate gardens out there :)

I think over the next couple of months there's going to be some immaculate gardens out there :)

Indeed :)

I've also got 12 new doors on throughout the house... 6 to go....hubby is keeping busy :)

I agree. Said the same to my folks on the phone the other night.

Today is a lovely day too. Plus, the world does seem quieter!

Watching the birds (inparticular the robins) has been lovely. Yesterday evening I was watching a couple of bats flying round the garden.

Just took the cats out in the garden on their leads, sat watching Robins, Magpie, Pigeons and a squirrel. This is our 10th day of staying put, was beginning to get a bit down with everything but the nicer weather has cheered me up.

Just took the cats out in the garden on their leads

Fortunately mine is old enough to go out on her own :icon_biggrin: & as she's a nervous animal tends not to go outside of it (then again it is a fair size so has a lot of space).

Spacing out the gardening as will run out of things to do otherwise & I will have to do housework :yikes: plus cannot get rid of stuff as all council waste dumps have been closed in Dorset.

Back