• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Today I've seen photos of my dad, photo's of his army days, photo's of our last family holiday together. Me and my dad together. I can't begin to say how much happiness this brings me..

Baby steps, but 6lb lost. No bread, lots of tuna, chicken, water and no wine. Sleeping better too :)

Baby steps, but 6lb lost. No bread, lots of tuna, chicken, water and no wine. Sleeping better too :)

Well done! Cutting down on alcohol is key to better sleeping, I've found.

Finally found the video a few weeks ago that my brother took during my mother's 75 th birthday week at Centre Parcs (all of 25 yrs ago)

Had it converted to DVD & a memory stick & it's like time travel has been invented.

3 people who are no longer here on that (including my dear Mother) with sound so their voices reach me from long ago.

My children when they were a lot younger (the younger one was as cheeky as I remember at 8 & the elder one embarrased as hell to be filmed as he was 15) - me with no grey hair (& a jumper that I still think is in my bottom drawer - well I haven't been fashionable since the early 70's) & my brother with still some left.

To see my Mother moving, talking & interacting with us is profound - a more emotional afternoon than I bargained for.

Well done! Cutting down on alcohol is key to better sleeping, I've found.
Absolutely. I did Dryanuary a few years ago and after the first couple of weeks rediscovered proper uninterupted waking up refreshed and re-energised type of sleep.

Yeah, I did Dry January two years in a row and the big wins for me were the improved sleep and the weight loss.

I didn't do it this year as I had a fairly tame Xmas period. I dont really drink during the week anymore and that has really helped

Getting my ESTA approval. For no reason whatsoever and despite having had 2 previous ESTA's my head panicks when doing the application (probably because they now ask for social media details) and the Pending status doesn't help. So a nice little party when it changes to approved.

I'd best hope there isn't a US Immigration officer somewhere who really likes Mark Rankine.

That would be an ace reason though. Better if they way wait until you arrive in the States then march you away from the desks and into the interview room "So, lets talk Mark Rankine...what did my Shabba EVER do to you?

They'd get bored of talking about the 1994/95 season and the logic of that Player of the Year award eventually and they'd just let me in.

Even better if I can find a compilation somewhere of him slicing the ball down the line, straight out of play. Half a dozen times a game, minimum.

So after 4 weeks of worry and lost passports (Thanks Parcelforce!!)
My new passport has arrived from the passport office!
Such a relief as we fly back in late March and didn't want go to thru the emergency travel document process here just to travel!

They'd get bored of talking about the 1994/95 season and the logic of that Player of the Year award eventually and they'd just let me in.

Even better if I can find a compilation somewhere of him slicing the ball down the line, straight out of play. Half a dozen times a game, minimum.

Playing on the right wing knocking the ball past a full back on the outside in an attempt to skin him only to find out the full back was faster than him, every, single, time. Still at least he was determined to find a full back that was slower than him, didnt find one but 10 out of 10 for consistency.

I'm sure Gordon Cowans was Traoreesque compared to him.

Told a few people this in the RL on Friday, but I'm still happy for my niece.....

Charlotte, my niece, is doing her 3 year paramedic training in Bristol (in the most beautiful campus I've ever seen, but that's a different story). Anyway, she did her first 12 hour shift on Thursday and on her very first shift, very first call, she delivered a baby girl! Some paramedics go many years without delivering a baby, and she was involved in her very first callout!!!!

Back