• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Tickets to see the damned tomorrow in Wolverhampton,be about my 200th time of seeing them over 33 years,my favourite ever band,and vastly underrated and mostly unheard of by the public

Tickets to see the damned tomorrow in Wolverhampton,be about my 200th time of seeing them over 33 years,my favourite ever band,and vastly underrated and mostly unheard of by the public
Very sensible.

I saw the Phantom Chords at the Princess Charlotte in Leicester* back in 1990 so that was basically the Damned minus Rat Scabies and Captain Sensible (as I remember, although Rat did join the ensemble later briefly I think). Tiny venue. Held about 200. Got to have a long chat over a beer with Dave Vanian and Roman Jugg. It was an epic evening.

*yes - before you ask, it's been demolished.

Doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put it,so I'll put it here, the largest UK payday lender,quick quid are closing! Their U.S. Owner has said its due to regulatory pressures in the UK.

Ps
The damned were excellent,one of their best gigs ever,good varied set list,played stuff they hadn't played for 20-30 years,sensible surprisingly didn't go on a politics rant like he usually does,great venue as well,the star works/kk steel mill it's basically an old factory,painted Matt black inside,£3.50 a pint and faster service than you ever got in the civic,back of the St. John's retail park in town,

glad you enjoyed the damned keef. Thanks for the info on kk's steel mill too. Debated going to a gig there a few weeks ago. Will definitely add it to the list of venues to check out.

Its definitely worth putting on the list while the civic is shut,think it tends towards rock/metal bands(it's owned by or he's put money in by K.K Downing out of Judas Priest) all the staff were great as well,friendly security guys,and there's even a burger van in the smoking area

Worth knowing. I assumed the smaller metal bands were gravitating toward the Slade Rooms.

Its definitely worth putting on the list while the civic is shut,think it tends towards rock/metal bands(it's owned by or he's put money in by K.K Downing out of Judas Priest) all the staff were great as well,friendly security guys,and there's even a burger van in the smoking area

I imagine it's decent for a metal band but it didn't really lend itself to the cheese festival I attended there.

What do you need to be good a venue for a Cheese festival?

Did this cheese festival include Jedward,S club 7, Rene and Renata and black lace,or was it a different type of cheese?

That would have been a Rancid Shit Festival if they had all been there

FINALLY feeling a bit better after a shocking fortnight or so. Every time I'd have a reasonable (within reason) day, two would follow where I felt dreadful again. But two ok ones in a row now and a bit more energy about me.

FINALLY feeling a bit better after a shocking fortnight or so. Every time I'd have a reasonable (within reason) day, two would follow where I felt dreadful again. But two ok ones in a row now and a bit more energy about me.
I know how you feel mate, I've been the same.

Got tickets for Death of a Salesman with Wendell Pierce on my birthday. Also got a free night in a very swanky hotel in Bloomsbury.

Only slight downside is it 2 days after this stupid election so it could be Armageddon in London.

Second last Saturday before Christmas? Eeessh - I would imagine London will be rather full!

My dog has gone in for an X-Ray on his shoulder injury (stumbled on a rabbit hole). Anyway, as the vets all love him to death, they're more than happy to keep him all day whilst I'm at work. They've even asked what he'd like for lunch and what time they take him out for walkies. Good vets!

Back