• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Not having to pay Parking Eye's bully boy,menacing & apparently illegal fine thinly disguised
as an invoice.
Bunch of "try it on" cunts,I cant imagine the amount of folks that
are intimidated and cough up £80

After a couple of years of enjoying and eating Thai food, I have yet to master the art. Then alongs comes GLASGOWOLF and before ya know it, im enrolled on a course! :)

Received a letter today from the Managing Director of Network Rail, London - North East telling me that I have been nominated , by my Signalling Manager, for this years Company Awards. He has nominated me in recognition of my "Excellent work and dedication to my job". It is a wonderful feeling to be appreciated for all the work I have done and the hours I have put in to help out. I know that there is a process to shortlist the nominations and I might not make it to the final list but just to be nominated feels really good.

It is the first time I feel I've had a manager who sees the effort I have made. Gordon is a former Signaller who has done the same jobs as me and knows the job inside out....
A big difference from my last manager who somehow was given a Signalling Managers roll despite never actually doing a signalling job. He's a cockney wide boy "geezer" who had been a train manager and just bullshitted his way into the job and then thought he knew better than the staff

Top Man!

One offer in, the other option isn't until October 7th!

Quality stuff.
I'm desperate for a positive phone call tomorrow. I'm happy that I've been kept informed regarding the lack of progress for my 2. 1 I'm desperate for. Indications are they hope to let me know by the end of the week. :crossfingers:

Not having to pay Parking Eye's bully boy,menacing & apparently illegal fine thinly disguised
as an invoice.
Bunch of "try it on" $#@!s,I cant imagine the amount of folks that
are intimidated and cough up £80

Yep..Charlatans! I got a ticket off them a few years ago after I spent about 15 minutes too long in a car park that they "monitor" (at a fee) for a large supermarket in Middlesbrough. The "fine" I got just didn't look right so after some googling I just ignored them. Two further threatening letters dropped through my door but again, I ignored them and they just stopped sending them. The worst thing you can do is acknowledge the letter or contact Parking Eye...Fuck 'em

That post is from mid-June! It is coming back for more episodes later in the year though.

Just booked myself onto a webinar scheduled for Monday, and went to the test page to ensure my PC is set up correctly. The guy doing the announcement sounded EXACTLY like Ron Swanson. I hope to god he's doing the webinar.

It was decent as a one off. They bought back several guests/contestants from the past, one of which was Rob Walker the BBC Sports commentator who appeared in the freak or unique section.

Received a letter today from the Managing Director of Network Rail, London - North East telling me that I have been nominated , by my Signalling Manager, for this years Company Awards. He has nominated me in recognition of my "Excellent work and dedication to my job". It is a wonderful feeling to be appreciated for all the work I have done and the hours I have put in to help out. I know that there is a process to shortlist the nominations and I might not make it to the final list but just to be nominated feels really good.

It is the first time I feel I've had a manager who sees the effort I have made. Gordon is a former Signaller who has done the same jobs as me and knows the job inside out....
A big difference from my last manager who somehow was given a Signalling Managers roll despite never actually doing a signalling job. He's a cockney wide boy "geezer" who had been a train manager and just bullshitted his way into the job and then thought he knew better than the staff

One offer in, the other option isn't until October 7th!

Quality stuff.
I'm desperate for a positive phone call tomorrow. I'm happy that I've been kept informed regarding the lack of progress for my 2. 1 I'm desperate for. Indications are they hope to let me know by the end of the week. :crossfingers:

Congrats to Darlo & Del - good to see recognition when due.

LJ - keeping my fingers crossed-hope you get some good news soon

Will also add my congrats to both Darlo & Del. Always nice to hear some good news coming peoples way

I can't listen to or follow todays match. Which should be good news for everyone as record show we always win when I don't :)

You're going out during a Wolves game? Sacrilige!

Sundays. I remember when mine used to be kind of a nothing day. Now they have purpose and it's a good feeling :)

Only 46 working days to retirement - not that I'm counting down though :icon_smile:

Absolutely amazing thunderstorms in Corfu this evening.

Huge blue forks of lightening and deafening thunder. Awesome!

Back