• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The feeling after making progress :)

Sitting enjoying a beer in the garden whilst playing ' Who can get the most peanuts in the birdbath from the decking '

After years of not being a driver..........passing my driving test.

Get the fook in!!

Good stuff! That has been a VERY long wait for you but you got there in the end!

Congrats mate, i was 42 when i learned to drive and it changed my life.

39 for me.

Started so many times and never carried it on due to health/money issues. 2 years ago, I thought the same thing was going to happen as I was close to the Test and a nerve in spine went and crippled my left arm for months. Restarted in March in this year. Was utterly convinced I had fucked it up. Nerves kicked in after 5 mins and I was all over the shop and trying to reverse around the corner, my left leg suddenly became Michael Flatley. Try clutch control with that going on. After a few more little incidents, in my head I had failed and cruised around the rest of the test.

39 for me.

Started so many times and never carried it on due to health/money issues. 2 years ago, I thought the same thing was going to happen as I was close to the Test and a nerve in spine went and crippled my left arm for months. Restarted in March in this year. Was utterly convinced I had $#@!ed it up. Nerves kicked in after 5 mins and I was all over the shop and trying to reverse around the corner, my left leg suddenly became Michael Flatley. Try clutch control with that going on. After a few more little incidents, in my head I had failed and cruised around the rest of the test.

There's no doubt the older you are the more difficult it becomes, i think when you are 17 you tend not to think about things so much, i'm not ashamed to admit it took me 4 attempts, i tended to worry about petty things.
My Missus has just started to learn at the age of 60 so there's hope for everyone.

There's no doubt the older you are the more difficult it becomes, i think when you are 17 you tend not to think about things so much, i'm not ashamed to admit it took me 4 attempts, i tended to worry about petty things.
My Missus has just started to learn at the age of 60 so there's hope for everyone.

I started learning just after my son was born, and for financial reasons had to stop before my daughter was born. I was about to start to learn the test route (apparently) so I can't have been miles away but just couldn't afford the lessons.

So I'm 34 and a non-driver. I'll have to do it sooner rather than later (especially as I'm now a single parent) but I'm coping without at the moment. I don't WANT to do it but realise I will have to.

Well done Kenny. Really do need to sort myself out driving wise!

Well done Kenny, you have more balls than I do, (in more ways than the obvious!) wished I could do it.

Congrats young man.

Well done Sir Kenneth. it won't be long before you are a taxi service...

I was a lad of 18 when I passed my test.

Back