• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I'm having spoke problems,because they're poorly built factory wheels,and I'm a bit of a fat lad,disappointing after 1000 miles of cycling,and didn't spend money on getting them built properly before I went. And I'm 47,so it's really never too late to start,if you wait until you're ready to go,you'll never go!

Bet you won't be such a fat lad when you're finished. :icon_wink:

I have a British contract with EE, unlimited european calls . I have a three contract for unlimited data in the EU. I will save a fortune.

We have a new plan with Vonage, and are saving a load. Can even call UK mobiles without it costing a fortune. We couldn't keep our old number, but that was a small price to pay as the savings are whopping. :)

After work hasn't been going great since I started in January I've just been offered a way out and a new job.

Not only that but it's my dream job. Fucking get in!

Congratulations Stan - grab it and good luck

@Keef - your journey looks amazing, Eastern Europe is a great place - just spent half an hour looking through all your photos.

Cheers PPB, I was bored bus driving,needed a break from the idiot public,always been interested in Eastern Europe so seemed a good idea,and still appears to be

Some of the nicest looking girls, in the countries you are visiting. Of course that won't bother you , if you are spoken for.

Some of the nicest looking girls, in the countries you are visiting. Of course that won't bother you , if you are spoken for.

If hes's spoken for then he's got a very understanding wife/girlfriend/partner!

Obviously I'm not spoken for,or my dossing about in Eastern Europe wouldn't be allowed,Ukrainian girls are gorgeous and effortlessly hot on the most part,the amount of lampposts/trees/other people I've nearly walked into is unbelievable. Lots of my mates seem to think I'll be getting a tandem for the trip home after I've managed to bag myself a stunner,or I'll be skint after I've bought a Russian bride,they think that's why I'm out here,it's not, the three main things are Chernobyl tour,ceaucescues palace and auschwitz,other communist buildings/memorials/military stuff/is all an added bonus,that's why there's a lot of said stuff on the photos

Obviously I'm not spoken for,or my dossing about in Eastern Europe wouldn't be allowed,Ukrainian girls are gorgeous and effortlessly hot on the most part,the amount of lampposts/trees/other people I've nearly walked into is unbelievable. Lots of my mates seem to think I'll be getting a tandem for the trip home after I've managed to bag myself a stunner,or I'll be skint after I've bought a Russian bride,they think that's why I'm out here,it's not, the three main things are Chernobyl tour,ceaucescues palace and auschwitz,other communist buildings/memorials/military stuff/is all an added bonus,that's why there's a lot of said stuff on the photos

How longs this trip gonna go on for, or don't you know ?

Dunno tbh,4 months I reckoned with the original plan,but 1/2 way down Ukraine I have to decide whether to head for Moldova,or Odessa for a ferry across the Black Sea to Georgia Armenia and azerbaijahn,the Stalin museum s in Georgia and I've love to see that,so I'll have to see how much the ferry is return,or think about coming back through Turkey,which puts me in the Balkans and Albania,which I'd also like to see.decisions decisions.
The original finish line is the dukla prague stadium,for a photo of me in a dukla prague away kit,and then a half man half biscuit t shirt,because they sang about a dukla Prague away kit,see my mate,and maybe look for work there,or train it back to Amsterdam then hull ferry to bike back to me moms in Wolverhampton,and probably become a bus driver again,haven't thought that far in front yet

Exchanged contracts on our house - great day!

Dunno tbh,4 months I reckoned with the original plan,but 1/2 way down Ukraine I have to decide whether to head for Moldova,or Odessa for a ferry across the Black Sea to Georgia Armenia and azerbaijahn,the Stalin museum s in Georgia and I've love to see that,so I'll have to see how much the ferry is return,or think about coming back through Turkey,which puts me in the Balkans and Albania,which I'd also like to see.decisions decisions.
The original finish line is the dukla prague stadium,for a photo of me in a dukla prague away kit,and then a half man half biscuit t shirt,because they sang about a dukla Prague away kit,see my mate,and maybe look for work there,or train it back to Amsterdam then hull ferry to bike back to me moms in Wolverhampton,and probably become a bus driver again,haven't thought that far in front yet

Wow. So much to see, so many places to go. Ya jammy bugger!!. It all sounds very exciting. How many miles a day do you ride on average? I have another question, don't mean to be funny but how are you going to go back to being a bus driver again after doing all this travelling and seeing all these places and countries.

The mileage depends really,some days it's been 15-20 if there's been a lot to see,the ukraines been 50-60 because the countrysides a bit dull but the roads been great so I've been able to get on with.
On the job side of it bus/coach driving is what I do,there's always a need anywhere for drivers(because it's a crap job,nobody wants to do it) I've thought about having a bash in Eastern Europe,after all if poles can drive for west mids travel,they must need drivers in Poland,I think the job would be just a case of getting money to go touring again in 12 months,to the Balkans,Georgia,or even Italy Spain,or countries I've been,just do a different route,I honestly don't know what it's going to be like when I get back to England,difficult I expect

Arriving at Lima yesterday after a pretty horrible trip and its 23 degrees(in the vinter) bloody hell, i wish we had a bit more heat all year around where i live...will be 5 weeks over here so plenty of time to do stuff..going to the djungle for the first time, hope we dont get sqeezed by an ananconda or something..

After work hasn't been going great since I started in January I've just been offered a way out and a new job.

Not only that but it's my dream job. Fucking get in!

Good on ya.
Had my interview this week. I'm not optimistic. I'm waiting for the dreaded phone call...

Keef, the experiences you'll have will far outweigh the difficulties you may have on your return.
Make sure you let us know of the updates, it is fascinating. Wish I had the balls you've clearly got.
To have the strength to jack everything in & sell almost everything to have a proper experience of the things that you genuinely want to, well that shows drive, commitment, and ability to achieve!

Stay safe out there.

Keef, the experiences you'll have will far outweigh the difficulties you may have on your return.
Make sure you let us know of the updates, it is fascinating. Wish I had the balls you've clearly got.
To have the strength to jack everything in & sell almost everything to have a proper experience of the things that you genuinely want to, well that shows drive, commitment, and ability to achieve!

Stay safe out there.

This.

I find it fascinating too. I also wish I had the bollocks to do something like this. To give up everything to follow a dream, a desire, a need,takes a lot of balls, and you Keef must have bloody big balls !!

my shoes are specially made by the people who make clowns shoes ;) apologies for taking over this thread,but I said it earlier,thanks for the support,and the piss taking!
A Giant Roam2 Eastern Europe,go there now,you know you want to

my shoes are specially made by the people who make clowns shoes ;)
I don'know ya, but I like the sound of ya! :icon_lol:

Don't apologise for posting on this thread. It's been a happy pleasure finding out just what you are doing, and where you have been and where you are going to next. The fact that you have big bollocks and huge feet is a bonus!

Back