• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I go back once or twice a year. The total is about 6 weeks. Once I didn"t go back in 8 years.

Oh, I thought you meant you go back every 6 weeks. Think the longest I have left it before going back is 2 years. It's not the same anymore, or maybe its because we haven't lived there in so long, we notice things more, I dunno :(

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I'm happy at the minute,because I had the mad idea of cycling most of Eastern Europe,I commuted 2 miles a day on a bike,and thought how hard can it be?,saved for 12 months,gave everything up,job,flat,ebayed most of my junk,and as I write I'm in Kiev,waiting for my trip to Chernobyl on Thursday.took me 50 days to get here from Estonia,and it's been an experience,seeing chunks of countries away from the tourist trail.
After Kiev I head south towards Odessa,then Moldova,Romania,Hungary,Slovakia,poland(again) Czech Republic,into prague to visit a mate,and then after that I haven't thought about.
The shameless plug is coming up,if you want to see photos of communist monuments,poorly taken scenery shots,and occasional randomness come along to
A Giant Roam2 Eastern Europe on Facebook.

I'm happy at the minute,because I had the mad idea of cycling most of Eastern Europe,I commuted 2 miles a day on a bike,and thought how hard can it be?,saved for 12 months,gave everything up,job,flat,ebayed most of my junk,and as I write I'm in Kiev,waiting for my trip to Chernobyl on Thursday.took me 50 days to get here from Estonia,and it's been an experience,seeing chunks of countries away from the tourist trail.
After Kiev I head south towards Odessa,then Moldova,Romania,Hungary,Slovakia,poland(again) Czech Republic,into prague to visit a mate,and then after that I haven't thought about.
The shameless plug is coming up,if you want to see photos of communist monuments,poorly taken scenery shots,and occasional randomness come along to

Wow, what an exciting thing to do Keef, and what a great collection of photos. Enjoyed looking at them all :)

Mad as a hatter, but lovely with it.

I like being as mad as a hatter thm, it keeps the heart pumping, the juices flowing, keeps you young at heart. If you wake up smiling and go to bed smiling, then you know its bin a gud day :)

Cheers PPB, I was bored bus driving,needed a break from the idiot public,always been interested in Eastern Europe so seemed a good idea,and still appears to be

Awesome stuff Keef, congrats on seizing the day! Good luck for the rest of your expedition...

Cheers PPB, I was bored bus driving,needed a break from the idiot public,always been interested in Eastern Europe so seemed a good idea,and still appears to be

Its a really brave thing to do in my eyes, to give up virtually everything to go on an adventure. I admire you for it, and wish you well .

That is superb, good for you. It takes an enormous amount of guts to undertake something like that, and I have the upmost admiration for you. I've always had a yearning to do something like that, Into The Wild style. I went to Russia 3 times as a kid in the 90's so I fully appreciate how beautiful yet challenging Eastern Europe can be. And to do it all on a bike too...... Hope you're keeping a diary because you will be coming across some life changing stuff. Best of luck to you.

Sounds fab. Post a link!

Just having a browse through your FB stuff, Keef. Awesome. Hats off to you mate - top thing to do and very brave. You do seem to have a fair few problems with spokes!

Keep posting the pictures :) . By the way, how old are you? I wished I had had the bollocks to do something like you are doing when I was younger.

I'm having spoke problems,because they're poorly built factory wheels,and I'm a bit of a fat lad,disappointing after 1000 miles of cycling,and didn't spend money on getting them built properly before I went. And I'm 47,so it's really never too late to start,if you wait until you're ready to go,you'll never go!

I'm having spoke problems,because they're poorly built factory wheels,and I'm a bit of a fat lad,disappointing after 1000 miles of cycling,and didn't spend money on getting them built properly before I went. And I'm 47,so it's really never too late to start,if you wait until you're ready to go,you'll never go!

Are you on your own, or did someone go with you?

Just had a read through. I'm not on facebook, but will keep an eye through here.
Sounds like an awesome adventure mate. Headwinds annoy me too, but some of the photo's & architecture you're posting is amazing!
Equally fantastic is the opportunity to meet the people, like the invitation to the family bbq.
Hope the weather stays fair for you, & you keep posting up the great pictures!

I'm on my own PPB,no support vans with equipment,it's just me, and can I just say thank you for the support on here,I didn't really think anybody would be that bothered tbh,and thanks for popping along and liking the page :) if you have

I'm on my own PPB,no support vans with equipment,it's just me, and can I just say thank you for the support on here,I didn't really think anybody would be that bothered tbh,and thanks for popping along and liking the page :) if you have

I wished you had told us about your journey before, infact, it deserves its own thread,or a blog. We could have followed you from the start. I really envy what you are doing tbh. And to do it alone, you get my full admiration.

Back