• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The grumpy old man in the post office has retired. Thank fuck for that.

The knackered feeling after a good days hard work (well, lumping a ton of furniture from one office to another).

Also our new neighbours, offering to make us coffee and handing over bottles of water as we drag our sorry souls down the corridors for the millionth time.

Getting ready to go to a bowls presentation evening.
My first year as captain resulted in our winning the title for the first time in over 25 years.

Tonight I'll be presented with the trophy.

My first year as captain resulted in our winning the title for the first time in over 25 years.

Well done Skipper!

Thanks darlo! :tiphat:

Will have a moment to remember my grandad when it happens. I still use his bowls.

Congrats LJ - winning anything is not that easy. Am still at the novice stage (& I know my bowls is different from yours) so target for the year is to get a personal best in one or other of the club singles comps (last 8 would be good for me considering other players in the club, anything more than that would be an upset of Bradford proportions)

Really happy with the feedback from my manager at work today. My probation is up at the end of this month, and every morning I wake up doubting myself, as the product I work in (Google AdWords) is incredibly dynamic and we have to support anything that can be linked with it, so that's Google Apps, Maps, YouTube, Merchant Centre, Gmail Sponsored Promotions, Partners and various other tie-ins, and most of the ad people who call us up know more about the product than I do, they are very demanding and rude, expect you to have the answers to everything and can make your life a misery.

I learn 2 new things about the product everyday, usually on the phone as a customer calls in complaining about it, and despite working with it nearly 6 months, I feel like I'm winging it a lot of the time.

I was due to have a 1-on-1 feedback session with my manager since Jan, but it keeps being put off. So I was really happy when she emailed me before I left today, to say she has no concerns, my customer satisfaction levels have been over our target 90% every week but for two, and one of those weeks the complaints were about our phone systems so not even my fault. We are expected to add value to each interaction with a customer by pitching a feature of the product that they are not using and I'm meeting all my targets for that, and she said I have a great attitude and will sail through my probation meeting in 3 weeks, which means pay rise and bonuses and all the stuff that comes with that, so I'm pretty pleased with that as I genuinely thought I had been scraping through each week.

Having a nice Australian Pinot Noir to celebrate now.

Really happy with the feedback from my manager at work today. My probation is up at the end of this month, and every morning I wake up doubting myself, as the product I work in (Google AdWords) is incredibly dynamic and we have to support anything that can be linked with it, so that's Google Apps, Maps, YouTube, Merchant Centre, Gmail Sponsored Promotions, Partners and various other tie-ins, and most of the ad people who call us up know more about the product than I do, they are very demanding and rude, expect you to have the answers to everything and can make your life a misery.

I learn 2 new things about the product everyday, usually on the phone as a customer calls in complaining about it, and despite working with it nearly 6 months, I feel like I'm winging it a lot of the time.

I was due to have a 1-on-1 feedback session with my manager since Jan, but it keeps being put off. So I was really happy when she emailed me before I left today, to say she has no concerns, my customer satisfaction levels have been over our target 90% every week but for two, and one of those weeks the complaints were about our phone systems so not even my fault. We are expected to add value to each interaction with a customer by pitching a feature of the product that they are not using and I'm meeting all my targets for that, and she said I have a great attitude and will sail through my probation meeting in 3 weeks, which means pay rise and bonuses and all the stuff that comes with that, so I'm pretty pleased with that as I genuinely thought I had been scraping through each week.

Having a nice Australian Pinot Noir to celebrate now.

Nice one.......I guess you can Google something if you don't know?

Nice one DDW, would be fascinating to work for such a dominant powerhouse such as Google to see how things work from the inside. Have you ever seen the server room??

In my own little world, I have just successfully, skilfully and satisfyingly installed new V-Brakes on my hybrid bike after the original set had perished over the winter. So pleasing to spin the wheels and not have any rubbing on the pads. Will give it a ride out tomorrow for the match - can't wait!

I've actually got a friend who works at one of their data centers, and has shaped the way they deploy and design their warehouses. Very impressive stuff. I wish I had his knowledge, know-how, and intelligence!

What kind of bike do you have?

The grumpy old man in the post office has retired. Thank fuck for that.

You got one too? Sadly ours is still there, utterly clueless when it comes to anything larger than a letter and completely dumb founded when i say I got a overseas parcel I want to send back to Wolverhampton!

But on a happier note, convinced my sister (who has never left the UK, furthest she has ever been is probably Blackpool for the lights!) to come pay us a small visit, more like a long weekend from a Thursday to Monday in March!
I gotta pay for her flight and all that but well worth it as we not seen each other in best part of 3 years :)

I've actually got a friend who works at the data warehouses, and has shaped the way they deploy and design their warehouses. Very impressive stuff. I wish I had his knowledge, know-how, and intelligence!

What kind of bike do you have?

Is that the one you can Street View into?

I've got a Specialized Sirrus Elite Hybrid. It's a great step up from a mountain bike for a bit more road speed but I've really slacked off from riding any meaningful distances for the past year. It sat outside all winter and surprisingly the brakes completely seized. They had no springback whatsoever. Bought a new set of front and rear brakes and new cables - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OP4AOG2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Unfortunately the cable ends didn't fit into my brake levers so I had to reuse my old ones. There is that much routing and outersleeving protecting them that they weren't in too bad a condition and seem to be working well.

I'm thinking of getting a new bike in the summer. I like my hybrid, but I'm keen to try out a Cyclocross. I like the idea of drop handlebars, as flat bars can get a bit tiring and it's annoying to not be able to change grip or position mid-ride. I don't think I'd enjoy a fully blown road bike as I find the hybrid a rough enough ride with it's thin tyres and our potted roads. The cyclocross tyres look like a great compromise that have a better balance of comfort and speed - I don't push the hybrid anywhere near top speed and rarely even have it top gear.
Anyway, I'm waffling.

You got one too? Sadly ours is still there, utterly clueless when it comes to anything larger than a letter and completely dumb founded when i say I got a overseas parcel I want to send back to Wolverhampton!

But on a happier note, convinced my sister (who has never left the UK, furthest she has ever been is probably Blackpool for the lights!) to come pay us a small visit, more like a long weekend from a Thursday to Monday in March!
I gotta pay for her flight and all that but well worth it as we not seen each other in best part of 3 years :)

Ours wasn't clueless, just that filling out the customs form was like an interegation. Always insisting on knowing exactly what was in the parcel, how many, what type of candy. Ne need for it. Think he was just a nosey bastard. Also buying stamps was a huge affair. ' A roll of first class stamps please '.... 'Well, would that be Stars & Stripes, Disney Characters, flowers, Seasons, Liberty Bell, presidents ....' I tell ya what, you pick '

Good news about your sisters visit Ray, although a long way to travel for a long weekend! My one regret is that my mom has never visited me here due to her never flown in her life, her absolute fear of flying, and also because of her age and health. Pity, because I think she would have really loved it :(

Well i can't compete with the above, especially congrats to DDW and lemon, but i walked to collect my car this morning, about 20 mins, as i had left it at a pals house when getting a lift to Athens 10 days ago.
I started out worried about the battery being flat, but a warm sunny day after torrential rain yesterday, the sea as flat as a mirror, and the car starting first time made up for any worries. then a bit of shopping, my favourite crusty brown bread included and a cypro or three at the harbour sitting outside, was awesome.
getting home and having roast potatoes, peas and cabbage ready to reheat from last night, a huuuuuge piece of beef liver i remembered to take out to defrost, and fried onions was the icing on the cake when i got home.
just want a convincing wolves win this afternoon and it's christmas here, ha ha ha.

Well i can't compete with the above, especially congrats to DDW and lemon, but i walked to collect my car this morning, about 20 mins, as i had left it at a pals house when getting a lift to Athens 10 days ago.
I started out worried about the battery being flat, but a warm sunny day after torrential rain yesterday, the sea as flat as a mirror, and the car starting first time made up for any worries. then a bit of shopping, my favourite crusty brown bread included and a cypro or three at the harbour sitting outside, was awesome.
getting home and having roast potatoes, peas and cabbage ready to reheat from last night, a huuuuuge piece of beef liver i remembered to take out to defrost, and fried onions was the icing on the cake when i got home.
just want a convincing wolves win this afternoon and it's christmas here, ha ha ha.

That does sound like a bostin day pav. A few more cypros later to celebrate a win, perfect :)

By the way, its bleeding freezing here.

I have had a most enjoyable day at Leicester City. First I was at their academy, and then in one of the corporate boxes this afternoon. They look after you very well at Leicester. The only downside was that the game was rather poor.

Why were you at the academy Frank?

Back