• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Why were you at the academy Frank?

I was assessing the officials at the academy game. Though we had a scary moment at about 12.15. A helicopter approached and landed at the far end of the training complex. Though it turned out it was Leicester's owners who were flew in and then taken by car to the King Power stadium.

They fly in for every home game apparently.

On the couch in my PJ's after a nice lie in, watching NHL highlights on Setanta sports.
Sensational win for the Canucks last night, 5-0 over PPB's Penguins. Pretty amazing considering the Penguins are probably the best team in the league

On the couch in my PJ's after a nice lie in, watching NHL highlights on Setanta sports.
Sensational win for the Canucks last night, 5-0 over PPB's Penguins. Pretty amazing considering the Penguins are probably the best team in the league

:icon_lol: I too was on the couch in my PJ's after a lie in and was going to put on the game from last night that I had recorded. After avoiding all news of the score anywhere I logged on here not thinking for one minute that I would see the score, no one EVER talks hockey on here !! Anyway DDW, thanks, you have saved me from seeing another thrashing. The best team in the league have problems with consistency right now ! Injuries, illness, outbreak of mumps has meant constant line changes, but then cant really blame that as its the same for every team. But their control of the puck and possesssion is shit at times. I think they are really missing Dupuis who is out with blood clot on lungs, but with the star players they have even that's not a good enough excuse.

Next game is against the Red Wings. Think I might just record it, and pop on here first :)

Mr Penguin in the kitchen cooking Sausage Rolls at 9.00 on a Sunday morning.

How the body can sometimes keep fighting back.

Dementia, cancer, and then hospitalised with collapsed lung, my Father in Law rallies round a bit, starts eating, lung no longer cause for concern and is able to go back to his home and more familiar surroundings tomorrow.

Just reserved mine and my girlfriends first ever house :)

Just need to sort out the mortgage and legal shit now before exchanging and it being built and completed late summer!

It is indeed!

Can't fucking wait for it to be built, it's going to be beaut.

Just reserved mine and my girlfriends first ever house :)

Just need to sort out the mortgage and legal shit now before exchanging and it being built and completed late summer!

Nice one. Interesting to see if you become as obsessed as I did when ours was being built.

Nice one. Interesting to see if you become as obsessed as I did when ours was being built.

I'll be there all the time taking pictures of the build.

Really looking forward to being able to pick all of the finishes etc too

I'll be there all the time taking pictures of the build.

Really looking forward to being able to pick all of the finishes etc too

Worst bit for us was the big freeze that came that put our build back about 2 months. The brick work up to the bedrooms had to be replaced. Gutting rolling up one day to see it all being done again.

Well done mate! How are you finding your second year?

The brick work up to the bedrooms had to be replaced. Gutting rolling up one day to see it all being done again.

Tell me about it. Our old conservatory* went down in October and the new one is weathertight but a mere shell still. Not the builders' fault really as they've apparently got a huge project on down the road but it's looking more and more like a March completion at best. It'll be awesome though; brand-new kitchen, living and dining area, underfloor heating, Velux for extra light, wine fridge, pantry, blah-blah-blah.

* = TBF, the old build was a deathtrap - the 'Velux' were merely old windows taken from the front elevation which required a mere tap to have them crash to the ground and smash, the electrics were borderline deadly, the walls were about 100mm thick and filled with what was basically rubble, the roof and ceiling was merely some 3/8" ply and a scant layer of foam and we've just found out that the raised level in the back garden consisted of a few layers of slabs stacked one atop the other complemented by the earth removed for the original build. Quite the project.

Back