• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Mortgage application approved, house valuation sorted and accepted, underwriters satisfied with my documentation - offer on it's way to me as we speak.

BOOOOOM.

:disco::disco:

Mortgage application approved, house valuation sorted and accepted, underwriters satisfied with my documentation - offer on it's way to me as we speak.

BOOOOOM.

Awesome, well done mate!

Just need to reduce the tenancy of the house by 1 ASAP, but this is a big step towards that. Obviously - crucially - it'll also mean Xbox One Day is closer.

Good news Langers. Did you manage the whole thing yourself in the end or did the mortgage broker route work?

Good news Langers. Did you manage the whole thing yourself in the end or did the mortgage broker route work?

Mortgage broker dude is now on my Christmas card list - incredibly helpful and saved me a lot of time and money. And got me a product that I don't think I'd have found myself. It's very unusual to deal with someone primarily by email and receive answers to questions within half an hour without fail.

Couldn't recommend him enough.

Excellent news. Bags packed for your unwanted house guest yet?

Excellent news. Bags packed for your unwanted house guest yet?

TBF she wants to go as much as I want her to. Just ensuring I have somewhere to live, and my kids have somewhere familiar they can call 'home' was the most important aspect of the whole thing.

You're keeping the kids? You haven't sold them as part of the deal? Apparently I could get a couple of camels for mine.

You're keeping the kids? You haven't sold them as part of the deal? Apparently I could get a couple of camels for mine.

I need to keep hold of them until I'm ready to trade them in for an Xbox One.

Excellent news Langers (the mortgage, not the trading in of your kids - although the XBox One is a bonus).

BOOOOOM.

Quality news.

Mortgage broker dude is now on my Christmas card list - incredibly helpful and saved me a lot of time and money. And got me a product that I don't think I'd have found myself. It's very unusual to deal with someone primarily by email and receive answers to questions within half an hour without fail.

Couldn't recommend him enough.
Pretty much sums up my experience with the broker I got. Really happy with the deal he got me & really hoping everything goes according to plan.
I felt happy with him, as he offered me a cuppa straight away. Whilst he made the drinks, I saw Mr Men stickers on his diary, & a Mr Men mug, and a few other personal items that were endearing & made me content in the environment. Having similar likes meant I believed he'd find a suitable product. Bargain for £199. I reckon he's saved me £1000's over the term.

When I left my brokers, I still remember he looked at me quizzically & said "I've never met anyone quite like you before!" :icon_lol:

Quality news.

Pretty much sums up my experience with the broker I got. Really happy with the deal he got me & really hoping everything goes according to plan.
I felt happy with him, as he offered me a cuppa straight away. Whilst he made the drinks, I saw Mr Men stickers on his diary, & a Mr Men mug, and a few other personal items that were endearing & made me content in the environment. Having similar likes meant I believed he'd find a suitable product. Bargain for £199. I reckon he's saved me £1000's over the term.

When I left my brokers, I still remember he looked at me quizzically & said "I've never met anyone quite like you before!" :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: I assume he meant that as a compliment?!

I've never actually met mine. All been done via phone/email. I'll no doubt have plenty of queries for him next week once I receive the offer from Natwest as it'll be full of legal jargon I won't understand.

I hope so!
I think it was partly because of the planning I'd done. In my line of work I'm used to personal financial statements, so I'd prepared a personal budget to check what I could afford, & had over-estimated most household costs to be on the safe side.

I think he was referring also to how most people try to over-borrow, where-as my aversion to debt was leading me to borrow as little as possible!

Mine printed off the agreement in principle from his office printer, & I was able to take it away & then hand it to the Estate Agent & solicitor to show there was no problems with paying for the house.
I don't think you should find too much legal jargon to be honest. Plus, ay broker worth their salt will email you a summary with the documents.

Back