• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I hope so!
I think it was partly because of the planning I'd done. In my line of work I'm used to personal financial statements, so I'd prepared a personal budget to check what I could afford, & had over-estimated most household costs to be on the safe side.

I think he was referring also to how most people try to over-borrow, where-as my aversion to debt was leading me to borrow as little as possible!

Mine printed off the agreement in principle from his office printer, & I was able to take it away & then hand it to the Estate Agent & solicitor to show there was no problems with paying for the house.
I don't think you should find too much legal jargon to be honest. Plus, ay broker worth their salt will email you a summary with the documents.

The one good thing about looking around for a deal before I contacted the broker was getting a fair idea of what they were looking for. I needn't have bothered because Natwest didn't ask for half of the details I'd worked out (like you, I was over-estimating some costs).

I don't think it's going to be as difficult in 12 months time - it just seems that certain lenders are being mega-cautious with the new legislation that started in April, which was why I had so many issues before I went to the broker. Natwest were one of the lenders who trialled the new rules before they were released so are more confident about how much to lend to people.

As there aren't any other properties involved (it's a remortgaging of the property I currently live in) it shouldn't be that complicated. That part will come in the next stage of things!!

I got lucky with the no chain either way. House went on the market & was only on the market for 2.5 weeks. When my offer was accepted, I wanted all evidence of for sale withdrawn, & the sign came down the next day. My offer was accepted on a sunday!

I think money laundering is kind of an issue, but the mortgage market has been heavily monitored for a while, so lenders are fairly used to that.
I think the mortgage market is fairly competitive at the mo. I'm less sure it will be so in a years time - though you'll be worrying about other stuff then!

I also had extra desires for my mortgage - like being able to overpay without penalty. I think that is why the broker was able to help.

I think my line of work prepares one a bit too much for all the pitfalls, so I was overcautious! I still am tbh! But in a good way, I'm ahead of where I thought I could be.

I hope so!
I think it was partly because of the planning I'd done. In my line of work I'm used to personal financial statements, so I'd prepared a personal budget to check what I could afford, & had over-estimated most household costs to be on the safe side.

I think he was referring also to how most people try to over-borrow, where-as my aversion to debt was leading me to borrow as little as possible!

Mine printed off the agreement in principle from his office printer, & I was able to take it away & then hand it to the Estate Agent & solicitor to show there was no problems with paying for the house.
I don't think you should find too much legal jargon to be honest. Plus, ay broker worth their salt will email you a summary with the documents.

Your thoughts are probably correct LJ.

From many years in a Bank lending money (including mortgages) a large percentage of those asking had given no real thought to preparing any sort of budget to justify what was affordable, then often got upset when you pointed out that their request was unaffordable & they were going to have to scale back on their desires

My mom feels 100% better today and is going to the party.

My wedding shoes have arrived from Hong Kong and they are bloody gorgeous.

If I call the venue this evening with a surprise call,they will go and find my niece so I can wish her a Happy 18th.

48 days to go:)

Something as simple as my 'Sue's Homeward Bound Christmas Countdown Calendar page ' I created. Silly as it seems to some folk, it isn't to me, it makes this run up to coming over even better :)

It's the weekend and my darling wife is on her way home.
I've got a gorgeous casserole on the go and her favourite wine is in the fridge and I'm going to light a fire because I have some extremely expensive wood to burn... my neighbour has had his front door replaced and it's no good to him or me so I've chopped it and I have a lot of mahogany hardwood lumps to put on the fire. It'll smell lovely!

Wolves are on tomorrow and if I play my cards right after this....

What a nice weekend. THAT makes me happy!

It's the weekend and my darling wife is on her way home.
I've got a gorgeous casserole on the go and her favourite wine is in the fridge and I'm going to light a fire because I have some extremely expensive wood to burn... my neighbour has had his front door replaced and it's no good to him or me so I've chopped it and I have a lot of mahogany hardwood lumps to put on the fire. It'll smell lovely!

Wolves are on tomorrow and if I play my cards right after this....

What a nice weekend. THAT makes me happy!

Really don't expect to see you on here then after she gets home :)

My dentist. Hopefully its not as bad as it looks. If it is, then im up shit creek.

Ive launched the Cannock Radio test stream today and its not crashed yet so im pleased.

Happy because today is a happy kind of a day :)

Its also National Tell A Story Day. Read ya kids a story, get them to read you a story,read yourself a story, tell your partner a story over dinner, or read someone a bedtime story , either one will do as long as you tell a story :)

Finally have broardband in the new house! Yay

Expect an influx of darlowolf postings now...

How is the new home mate? Settled in well?

Expect an influx of darlowolf postings now...

How is the new home mate? Settled in well?

It's fantastic Warren. Almost all the boxes have been emptied and it feels like a real family home. It's much better than the old house as we all feel settled in the knowledge that this is our home for as long as WE want and not at the behest of a private landlord

The place where I do 3 days a week book keeping CKW Contracts Ltd are taking an advertising board on the Billy Wright stand from this Saturday :piano:

I'm awaiting news about becoming a Grandfather again. My sons wife WILL have twins tomorrow at the latest, she is being taken in to have a C-section as they are IVF twins and they always do the section two weeks before the due date aparently. Quite excited awaiting grandchild number 5 and 6 :)

I'm awaiting news about becoming a Grandfather again. My sons wife WILL have twins tomorrow at the latest, she is being taken in to have a C-section as they are IVF twins and they always do the section two weeks before the due date aparently. Quite excited awaiting grandchild number 5 and 6 :)
Timing worked out well on that there darlo!

On topic, getting the forum back (it's been a long day at work!), the vbulletin message whilst the forum was down made me larf, & further happiness owing to a pm of the aforementioned darlo...

Its Halloween ,and me purple and orange strobe lights are pretty impressive and can be seen from half a mile a way.

Games night tonight in my house, which promises to have much fun, laughter, and alcohol .

The twins will soon be making an appearance.

41 days on the Countdown Calendar.

Issac Michael and Oliver Patrick born at lunchtime. .. Mother, babies and Dad all doing well! :)

Back