• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

When you send Mr Penguin to the shops and its always a surprise to see just what he comes home with ! :)

My mom bless her. Nice to see her on form today and despite her ailments and disabilities she is always smiling and cheerful. She showed me what she has finished knitting for me, 3 Penguins , one with 87 on, one with 71 on and a number 9 for Super Dupers . :)

When you get Mr Penguin to play I Spy With My Little Eye in bed, but then he gets fed up and so he gets up and makes you breakfast in bed.

Win win win :)

The sight of Red Bellied Wood Peckers at my feeders :)

The news that Cannock Radio will be providing coverage of Hednesford Town games when we launch.

My new pedal train pro board is here and all my gizmos actually fit on it!!! One long wiring job ahead but it will be ace!!!

I've no idea how staff/students have had to cope with having to work 5 days a week for well over a month without a week off.

I've no idea how staff/students have had to cope with having to work 5 days a week for well over a month without a week off.
Not all staff who work in education get the holidays off.
Indeed, since late august we are not allowed to book annual leave.
We then have a minimum of 4 weeks where extra hours are required. I did at least 3 days a week of 12 hours a day, plus a few additional hours on the ohter 2 days I was in.
The workload then persists til half term. I've had to work an additional 10 hours in the past 2 weeks.
Because of the volume of work, I cannot afford to take time off during half term.

Owing to events, I will also work at least once on a saturday, and once of an evening until 8pm.

So, in effect, in an 18 week period, I'll only be having 1 day off (& I had to pull favours to get that to attend a funeral!) I'm not convinced that working flat out & overtime for 4 months is wise or healthy long term.

However (& this is not specifically at you langers, however) all these fuckers with the pre-conception that anyone who works in the education sector gets fucking tons of holidays & the day finishes at 3pm can fucking do one. Such a childish point of fucking view. Shit still needs dealing with, & some of us work fucking hard to do it, for a low wage (my employer does very well out of me, with 4 years of below inflation pay awards) & it really pisses me off how unvalued society can view us.

Rant over.

Indeed LJ, the lack of parity in the Education sector pisses me off as it particularly affects a family member. They do not get paid for their summer holidays or overtime yet are expected to do it and even plan some classes the teachers are 'too stressed' to do. The teacher does get paid for their time off and they get paid handsomely for the work they do, others do not and it stinks.

There is also in some places a form of caste system between teaching & non-teaching staff, where non teaching staff are looked down upon.

I don't mind hard work. I like a challenge. I enjoy supporting people to realise their dreams - whether that is to learn english/maths, gain a qualification, get entry to university for their dream to be a midwife. All that is great, but the intrinsic benefits of the role cannot always be the be all & end all.

I know between now & Christmas I won't be much fun to be around. It is the same every year. It's because I am tired & over-worked. & it is rare that you get a thanks or even a basic acknowledgement.
It isn't helped when the standard response is " but yow get all dem fookin ollydays doe ya?" when that simply isn't true...

I work and go to college 3 evenings a week. Book keeper in the day plumbing city & guilds at college.

I do think Teachers are giving the rest of education staff a bad press in terms of this. Not that I'm blaming the teachers themselves, more that they are the ones that get all the benefits and others get left behind. Fairness in the public sector sadly eludes the hard workers.

Not all staff who work in education get the holidays off.
Indeed, since late august we are not allowed to book annual leave.
We then have a minimum of 4 weeks where extra hours are required. I did at least 3 days a week of 12 hours a day, plus a few additional hours on the ohter 2 days I was in.
The workload then persists til half term. I've had to work an additional 10 hours in the past 2 weeks.
Because of the volume of work, I cannot afford to take time off during half term.

Owing to events, I will also work at least once on a saturday, and once of an evening until 8pm.

So, in effect, in an 18 week period, I'll only be having 1 day off (& I had to pull favours to get that to attend a funeral!) I'm not convinced that working flat out & overtime for 4 months is wise or healthy long term.

However (& this is not specifically at you langers, however) all these fuckers with the pre-conception that anyone who works in the education sector gets fucking tons of holidays & the day finishes at 3pm can fucking do one. Such a childish point of fucking view. Shit still needs dealing with, & some of us work fucking hard to do it, for a low wage (my employer does very well out of me, with 4 years of below inflation pay awards) & it really pisses me off how unvalued society can view us.

Rant over.

Indeed LJ, the lack of parity in the Education sector pisses me off as it particularly affects a family member. They do not get paid for their summer holidays or overtime yet are expected to do it and even plan some classes the teachers are 'too stressed' to do. The teacher does get paid for their time off and they get paid handsomely for the work they do, others do not and it stinks.

I work and go to college 3 evenings a week. Book keeper in the day plumbing city & guilds at college.

Didn't expect to get that many bites! :icon_lol: LJ - that was magnificent!

Any of you who have met my mate Matt who comes to most Wolves games with me will know I do enjoy winding him up about being a teacher. And no, of course I'm not being serious!

Didn't expect to get that many bites! :icon_lol: LJ - that was magnificent!

Any of you who have met my mate Matt who comes to most Wolves games with me will know I do enjoy winding him up about being a teacher. And no, of course I'm not being serious!

:surrender:
I was just saying it will be nice to not go from work to college and have tea at half 9.

Back