• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Bovington Tank Museum would be fantastic if they actually let you anywhere near the tanks.

The tank museum is often one of the visits for the school on the year 5/6 residential which includes 2 or 3 educational sessions. Usually one of them is a full tour (non moving) inside a Chieftain tank.

As one of the Group Leaders I do of course have to get in the tank to supervise the children :) whilst they have the talk from one of the museum staff

Yes in Dorset between Bere Regis & Wareham

No nuclear station near there (unless its a secret underground one that they don't want anyone knowing about)

Is near to Bovington army camp & the Tank Museum (which is also a recommended visit)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winfrith

That's the place I was on about , PLF. It was about 3 miles from one end of the site to the other.Very near Wool. Fantastic place to live Dorset.

Isn't there a zoo in america with a big walkway, with loads of steps & stuff, & when you get to the top you go round a corner & you're at eye level with the giraffes?

I heard about it & really wanted to go, thinking it was in the UK.
Boy was I disappointed when I found out it was a bit further!

I used to be able to do that in Biology classes at Dudley college. The Giraffes would come waltzing past the third story window which was odd the first time as it was in the middle of November and I had a hangover.

My name change.

As Mr Penguin leaves, my sister arrives and I won't be on my own.

Parkins parcel is wrapped up and will go back with my sister.

I'm off for a bit and to make the most of what is left of Summer.

My hip has clicked back into position and is bearable again.

Last edited:
Chester Zoo was fucking ace. No point in trying to compare it to Dudley Zoo, as it's a bit like comparing Sergio Aguero to Frank Nouble.

We got there for 10am when it opens and didn't leave til gone 5, yet we still didn't get round the whole thing (though we did have 2 small children with us who don't walk quite as fast!). The exhibits are fantastic - you can tell how much hard work has gone into making their environments as suitable, safe and as close to their natural habitats as possible. The Jaguar pen in particular is awesome (though it was a bit like the start of Jurassic Park as we couldn't see the fuckers - fortunately I went back later on and saw one of them).

We got amazing views of so many animals - elephants, black/white rhinos, chimps, mandrills, orangutans, komodo dragons, lions, tigers, bears, penguins, butterflies, pelicans, otters etc etc etc. Tons of stuff to see.

A highlight was the fruit bat forest - basically a very dark enclosure with loads of trees and bits of rock with huge fruit bats hanging all over the place, and they swoop down around you. I got 'whooshed' a few times. Loved it. They're big buggers too.

It's not the cheapest place in the world as you might imagine but if you're able to go there for a full day, make sure you do because it was a brilliant day. The kids loved it and there's stacks to see in one of the best environments I've experienced - certainly in the UK.

When Wolves were promoted to the Premier League I saw an advert, I think, on the official website, for a family 2 night break to Carden Park at a discounted rate to include a free bottle of Old Gold sparkling wine and a free pass to Chester Zoo. Chester Zoo was great but I was glad I had a free pass as I thought that the prices to get in were expensive. IIRC the price of the break wasn't that much more expensive than it would have been for a family of four to pay on the gate to get into the Zoo.

I recall leaving the butterfly house and a couple of minutes later seeing one of the exotic ones in the Picnic area. it wasn't me honestly gov!

Finally recieved my 'money back guarantee' from ebay after being ripped off, forced to open a case that was found in my favour and having to make a trip to Lincolnshire to return the item.

Finished decorating the spare bedroom which, given the state of my knee at the moment, I am very happy to have done.

Also having been to the Doctors & been referred on find that one of the choices I have is at a private hospital locally that the NHS buys time at, looks like a 5* hotel.

So from the choice of that or the massive main hospital you will not be surprised at the choice I have made (same doctors involved anyway)

The missus has bought me a My Wolves membership for my birthday. Chuffed to bits.

They're good value. Though one of the £5 ticket cash games is live on Sky so I'll be saving the ticket cash for another game on that one.

We got amazing views of so many animals - elephants, black/white rhinos, chimps, mandrills, orangutans, komodo dragons, lions, tigers, bears, penguins, butterflies, pelicans, otters etc etc etc. Tons of stuff to see.

A highlight was the fruit bat forest - basically a very dark enclosure with loads of trees and bits of rock with huge fruit bats hanging all over the place, and they swoop down around you. I got 'whooshed' a few times. Loved it. They're big buggers too.

Tbh that looks/sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Chester Zoo was fucking ace. No point in trying to compare it to Dudley Zoo, as it's a bit like comparing Sergio Aguero to Frank Nouble.

We got there for 10am when it opens and didn't leave til gone 5, yet we still didn't get round the whole thing (though we did have 2 small children with us who don't walk quite as fast!). The exhibits are fantastic - you can tell how much hard work has gone into making their environments as suitable, safe and as close to their natural habitats as possible. The Jaguar pen in particular is awesome (though it was a bit like the start of Jurassic Park as we couldn't see the fuckers - fortunately I went back later on and saw one of them).

It's not the cheapest place in the world as you might imagine but if you're able to go there for a full day, make sure you do because it was a brilliant day. The kids loved it and there's stacks to see in one of the best environments I've experienced - certainly in the UK.

I used to take my kids to chster zoo, and it was brilliant then. Way to go Langers and go full hog with the birthday plans, it really dos gt better after a while, trust me.

Today is me Wolves party. If you live close enough you are all invited !! :)

Back