• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

No Tom Baker or John Pertwee is disappointing. Some of the Cybermen episodes scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.

No Tom Baker or John Pertwee is disappointing. Some of the Cybermen episodes scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.

That's just it - they had the opportunity to show Curse of Peladon which is a brilliant Ice Warriors story. And Pertwee's episodes with The Master are better than any of Tennant's (although I love Utopia). They could have shown them. Ditto the Sea Devils (one of my favourites).

No surprises to see the Weeping Angels so high up the list because they are a brilliant creation and Blink is a quite superb episode.

I would have had the fendahl and the sontarans in my list of baddies personally.

The Fendahl was in my considerations, but not the Sontarans. I always found them a bit weak. There isn't really a stand out Sontaran story - Invasion of Time is the strongest but it's not a Genesis of the Daleks or The Invasion, i.e. not a benchmark for the series.

The Sontaran Experiment was quite good but as it's a 2 parter it's more of a nice little build up to Genesis of the Daleks, which followed it.

Clara is lovely , how dare you ;)

I thought the Slitheen were quite good, but as I was about 12 at the time probably I would have found that funny

#9's reaction to one of them farting was the only thing that made me chuckle but the rest of it....ehhhhh...

I'm afraid I've only ever watched from #9 onwards but as far as monsters are concerned I don't think anything's gonna beat the Weeping Angels!

Can't believe I forgot the Pirate Captain! He was brilliant.

The%20Pirate%20Planet%202.jpg

I don't really get a "great anniversary" feel from this...a run of episodes from Saturday till the xmas day one would give me that feel.

Re-runs and lists not so much.That's something we all can do.

You should have seen the 30th anniversary. A 10 minute 3D special merged with EastEnders and loads of special VHS releases. Because no one cared about it back then!

This has been overkill in comparison.

You should have seen the 30th anniversary. A 10 minute 3D special merged with EastEnders and loads of special VHS releases. Because no one cared about it back then!

This has been overkill in comparison.

I hear you.Still feels a little cheap,like celebrating a wedding anniversary at a hot dog stand.

Not quite sure what else you were expecting TBH.

Not really sure what I expected...something new I guess,one ep isn't alot.

Pretty sure I wrote what I wanted,5-6 episodes from now till the xmas day one. :) All of them obviously 3 hours long!

With the standards of the last series, I don't think that's such a good idea!! 1 feature length episode is fine.

Especially if it's about the Time War.

With the standards of the last series, I don't think that's such a good idea!! 1 feature length episode is fine.

Especially if it's about the Time War.

I don't really know why I want more,I haven't been impressed with DW in a while.I suppose it's in my blood now.

Yes, I know about that infamous episode. That particular series was beset with problems.

The Ultimate Guide to Dr Who is on throughout this week, and that is actually quite good - a 2 hour documentary that chronicles the whole 50 years. Worth a watch. And An Unearthly Child is on BBC4 later this week too (that's the first ever episode from 1963).

Yuck, itunes.

Hopefully it will appear on a better format soon.

Back