• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Google home page today is geektastic.

A bloke at work is going to the Excel Arena at the weekend for the 50th celebration convention.

Currently watching An Unearthly Child as it was shown last night. Tremendous.

How Doctor Who will actually end:

docwhoends.jpg

Saw a couple of trailers for this, looks really good. I wasn't that fussed before but with David Tennant in it I think I will!!

Yes, I know about that infamous episode. That particular series was beset with problems.

The Ultimate Guide to Dr Who is on throughout this week, and that is actually quite good - a 2 hour documentary that chronicles the whole 50 years. Worth a watch. And An Unearthly Child is on BBC4 later this week too (that's the first ever episode from 1963).

Not really my stuff Ian, but did you see that 6 or 7 minute slot on the BBC showing you how the Radiophonic Workshop played such a great part in the development of the whole thing?

Really interesting. I wondered if you were watching it when it came on....

And what do you think of Peter Capaldi playing the Dr?

And what do you think of Peter Capaldi playing the Dr?

Looking forward to tonight's episode...even tho I don't really enjoy the previous 2/3/4/5 doctors episodes I've seen.

Regarding Capaldi I hope we get a different personality doctor in him,more like Eccleston would be nice imo.

I have absolutely no clue what is going on here! Enjoyable stuff though.

Fantastic simulcast sat down with my 11 year old who explained everything to me!
Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon with the kids!

They do love to make these things as confusing as hell don't they? Don't get me wrong, the ending especially was pretty epic and I liked that on the whole but why do they have to make it so bleeding confusing?? How did the Doctors know to get to that point if they had no memory of it?

I have no bloody idea what was going on, but the "gallifrey lives" idea means that all the previous incarnations can exist simultaneously in the timestream so Tom could be back for a reappearance. Just hearing the voice and I looked at Squeeze and went "surely not? Yesssssss!!!"

fanboi fapfapfapfap

The only slightly disappointing thing is that it would have been nice if they'd have persuaded Christopher Eccleston to do a 10 second shot right at the end of John Hurt's regeneration sequence. Wasn't surprised at Peter Capaldi turning up, mind - but Tom Baker was a lovely surprise.

Hope you loved it, Langers!

The only slightly disappointing thing is that it would have been nice if they'd have persuaded Christopher Eccleston to do a 10 second shot right at the end of John Hurt's regeneration sequence. Wasn't surprised at Peter Capaldi turning up, mind - but Tom Baker was a lovely surprise.

Hope you loved it, Langers!

Yep - I did. And didn't find it all that confusing TBH.

They asked Ecclestone but he doesn't want to ever return to it which is a shame. I didn't expect Capaldi to feature at all so that was a top surprise.

But even that was bettered by Tom appearing at the end. Nerd heaven.

Back