• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Also - pleased the Clara story seems to be over now and she took a bit of a back seat and was much more of an assistant. Both this Doctor and his assistant are probably at the best time to bow out now and Smith's brilliant performances deserve a good ending.

The Christmas special will have to be quite something to beat that one but regeneration stories are almost always superb:

The Tenth Planet, The War Games, Planet of the Spiders, Logopolis, The Caves of Androzani and The Parting of the Ways are all regeneration stories and they're all brilliant.

Logopolis was brilliant. I remember it well. I'm going to mention a non regen episode I enjoyed now. The keeper of traken was superb.

The Christmas Special should be awesome. Regeneration and new doctor episodes are pretty much guaranteed to be stonking, although it will be interesting to see how the new dynamic from last night plays with regeneration. I wonder if Auntie have set up a way to get around the supposed maximum number of regenerations when Capaldi has had his run.

I saw a theory somewhere online that he could be 'granted' extra regenerations should he manage to rescue Gallifrey! Only thing I could think of - maybe he almost dies trying to save it and other time lords do what River Song did in that Hitler ep...

I've found if Norway doesn't like it, it normally means it's a good episode. Similarly, if he doesn't like a character, it usually means I really like them!

Not that I mind - it makes a far more interesting thread if we have different opinions about the same show.

Oddly enough, I've noticed that too :p

NorwayFB, what was it that you didn't like about this episode? Personally I thought it was great :)

I saw a theory somewhere online that he could be 'granted' extra regenerations should he manage to rescue Gallifrey! Only thing I could think of - maybe he almost dies trying to save it and other time lords do what River Song did in that Hitler ep...

There's another theory that he was "topped up" when River gave up her remaining lives to the Doctor.

There's another theory that he was "topped up" when River gave up her remaining lives to the Doctor.

Yeah I've heard that theory too. It'll be easy for them to work around the regeneration limit.

Does the T.A.R.D.I.S have the same number of regenerations?

Does the T.A.R.D.I.S have the same number of regenerations?

No idea - it was never really linked to the Doctor that much in the classic series. Certainly not as much as it is now. It was basically a stubborn thing that did what it wanted!

Oddly enough, I've noticed that too :p

NorwayFB, what was it that you didn't like about this episode? Personally I thought it was great :)

It was just completely,utterly,totally boring.And that's a first for me,there are things I like about most episodes I'll have you know! :)
Loved John Hurt tho,like I said.Tennant is my favourite doctor by miles and I never connected with him.

I do wonder if my 'taste' is different because my first Who was 4 RTD seasons/series?I love most of those episodes to death with all their faults.
Moffat never grabbed me but I still enjoy many of those episodes too,however vocal I am about negatives...

This one fell flat on every point tho. :(

I have absolutely no idea how on earth you can call Saturday's episode 'boring'. I'm frankly staggered you think that!!

It wasn't the best episode that's ever been made (as I said earlier, I wasn't sold on the Elizabeth I plotline) but the last 15-20 minutes were about as good as it gets IMO.

You are just a negative cunt ;) Seriously though, I didn't think it was amazing but I was fairly entertained!

I watched this. Haven't watched a Who episode in ages as the show really doesn't do it for me.

I know enough about it thanks to my lad & Langers waffling on about it.....however, I bloody loved it. Great TV.

That surprised me somewhat.

Are you feeling okay? It's your shoulder isn't it? Are the meds affecting you?

I am tonight starting to watch the entire Doctor Who series. I am starting at the very beginning, got some good torrents lined up as well for every series.

Are you feeling okay? It's your shoulder isn't it? Are the meds affecting you?

That's it!! It's the drugs.

Thank fook for that. It's still shit but my brain is being controlled by Gabapentin & Tramadol. #geekdrugsindeed

I am tonight starting to watch the entire Doctor Who series. I am starting at the very beginning, got some good torrents lined up as well for every series.

You won't be able to watch every episode mind as around 100 are lost (not sure how many they have since turned into animated versions though )

I have absolutely no idea how on earth you can call Saturday's episode 'boring'. I'm frankly staggered you think that!!

It wasn't the best episode that's ever been made (as I said earlier, I wasn't sold on the Elizabeth I plotline) but the last 15-20 minutes were about as good as it gets IMO.
If your into the series like you are Langers you can make sh1t turn into rose petals. I don't get half the Doctor Who stuff but will not slag it off. My cuppa is X Files and half the stuff I loved is bollocks to other people..

You won't be able to watch every episode mind as around 100 are lost (not sure how many they have since turned into animated versions though )
Ill do whats available Im not that geeky..

Back