• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Yep - I did. And didn't find it all that confusing TBH.

They asked Ecclestone but he doesn't want to ever return to it which is a shame. I didn't expect Capaldi to feature at all so that was a top surprise.

But even that was bettered by Tom appearing at the end. Nerd heaven.

Does anyone actually know what happened between him and the producers?

Does anyone actually know what happened between him and the producers?

From what I've heard, he really didn't enjoy the filming schedule and didn't anticipate the level of attention he got, and the producers were very disappointed that he only did 1 series. But that was the old production team so the reason he didn't return wasn't down to that. Shame but I don't think it made too much of a difference TBH, though it'd have been nice to see the Hurt/Ecclestone regeneration in its entirety.

Watching the pretty awful after show party. The 'live link' to One Direction - :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I like the fact that the hiatus is now explained in a way - hurt was doing it while michael grade was being an arsehole

Sophie Aldred STILL looks lovely.

I have no bloody idea what was going on, but the "gallifrey lives" idea means that all the previous incarnations can exist simultaneously in the timestream so Tom could be back for a reappearance. Just hearing the voice and I looked at Squeeze and went "surely not? Yesssssss!!!"

fanboi fapfapfapfap

So how did it manage to be an old (modern day version of) Tom Baker when he re-generated whilst being a younger man?

Because the episode undid a lot of previous lore. The previous incarnations are still out there. After passing to Davison, the fourth doctor became the curator.

More people watched Strictly Come Dancing :) Just for the record I didn't watch either.

So disappointed. :( It was just boring,found myself looking at the time every couple of minutes (for the first time).
John Hurt was amazing,but acting alone does not do it for me.

Boring? I think you need to watch it again. Great episode. As for the Strictly figure, who gives a fuck. I can guarantee that worldwide rather more people were watching the doctor than twattish celebs cavorting in sequins while Bruce Forsyth pontificates.

Boring? I think you need to watch it again. Great episode. As for the Strictly figure, who gives a $#@!. I can guarantee that worldwide rather more people were watching the doctor than $#@!tish celebs cavorting in sequins while Bruce Forsyth pontificates.

Maybe, I just felt the viewing figures were laughable.

Boring? I think you need to watch it again. Great episode. As for the Strictly figure, who gives a $#@!. I can guarantee that worldwide rather more people were watching the doctor than $#@!tish celebs cavorting in sequins while Bruce Forsyth pontificates.

Sadly yes,boring.I've noticed that most people love it and I'm glad about that,means the show is strong.I'll happily take one for the team. :)
On a positive note I'll be just as eagerly awaiting the Christmas special.

I've found if Norway doesn't like it, it normally means it's a good episode. Similarly, if he doesn't like a character, it usually means I really like them!

Not that I mind - it makes a far more interesting thread if we have different opinions about the same show.

Sadly yes,boring.I've noticed that most people love it and I'm glad about that,means the show is strong.I'll happily take one for the team. :)
On a positive note I'll be just as eagerly awaiting the Christmas special.

The Christmas Special should be awesome. Regeneration and new doctor episodes are pretty much guaranteed to be stonking, although it will be interesting to see how the new dynamic from last night plays with regeneration. I wonder if Auntie have set up a way to get around the supposed maximum number of regenerations when Capaldi has had his run.

I've found if Norway doesn't like it, it normally means it's a good episode. Similarly, if he doesn't like a character, it usually means I really like them!

It normally means YOU (and almost everyone else) thinks it's good,not that it is,thank you! ;)
I won't argue about you liking characters,that's your right.I'm probably way too picky,the smallest thing sends me into uncontrollable rage! (or not) :)

Not that I mind - it makes a far more interesting thread if we have different opinions about the same show.

I agree.I just really honestly wish I loved some episodes more and some characters more.I'd sacrifice interesting threads for that!

I have watched it again and although I still think the Elizabeth I bits were very silly, I think it's one of the best episodes of Matt Smith's era.

The chemistry between the Doctors was superb, as is often the case with multi-Doctor stories.

I wonder if Auntie have set up a way to get around the supposed maximum number of regenerations when Capaldi has had his run.

Maybe he can go to Gallifrey and get a refill now?

It was really nice to see Tennant back as the doctor, he's still my favourite! :D it was quite an enjoyable episode I thought!

Back