• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Doctor Who calendar for my birthday :D Got a brief history of all the 11 Doctors so far inside :)

As part of my silly rating scheme I rewatched The Impossible Astronaut yesterday.When it aired I thought it was in the '4 or 5/10',yesterday I thought it was excellent and felt it was probably a 9.

That sent me into a deep depression obviously but also into deep thoughts as to why. :)
Came out with an answer that knowing Rory and especially Amy are gone gave me a new,relaxed perspective watching.Obviously the episode was just as good the first time so it had to be about my mindset when watching.

Maybe I just have to wait until someone has left before watching! ;)

Christmas present buying (online) and wrapping meant a lot of classic Who over the weekend.

Ambassadors of Death - I definitely hadn't seen it before. It was several episodes too long but the creatures in the space suits are quite scary. A bit 'meh' overall though.

Inferno is just marvellous - the alternative earth scenario and the way it effects the Doctor is brilliant. One of my favourites.

Terror of the Autons is the first appearance of The Master, Jo Grant and Mike Yates. There are some classic 'scary' scenes in this one including a really creepy looking doll. Shame the special effects are so dated as it was apparently mentioned in Parliament as some MPs thought it was too scary for children! Rather silly in places but overall it's bloody good fun, and I love Roger Delgado's portrayal of The Master.

Tonight's offering is The Mind of Evil.

Finished The Mind of Evil - and I was surprised that it's yet another one I hadn't seen before. Again, slightly too long but it's an interesting concept and a pretty decent story.

1497763_716442628388643_1515151612_n.jpg

I'm looking forward to a new Doctor,he won't look right running around like Smith so that's good.

You English chaps! ;)

Is there anything you don't make into a Dalek?

I may have gone overboard in getting DVDs of the old Doctor Who for Micro.

*must not click on amazon when pissed*

:icon_lol:

Which ones have you got? I'm currently working through Pertwee's penultimate season - I'm half way through the excellent Carnival of Monsters.

Okay...

The Beginning
Dalek Invasion of Earth
The Romans (with another Hartnell in a box)

A Patrick Troughton one which is new to market

A Pertwee Peladon box set, Revenge of the Daleks (?) and Planet of the Spiders.

Few more Tom Baker ones (including Revenge of the Cybermen to complete his first series - which comes with a Sylvester McCoy Cybermen story for some reason). Meglos, Creature from the Pit are definitely in there.

The Five Doctors

Davison - a Mara Boxset, Earthshock and a few others.

Day of the Doctor just to finish things off.

Basically it means that Micro has got a near complete Tom Baker run.

I have to say that regeneration was... Awkward wasn't it? Not that I'm complaining the episode as
a whole a really interesting one even if I didn't completely understand it!

Brilliant,easy 10/10.Finally!! ;)

Terrible,rubbish regeneration tho.

Dear Norway,

I liked it, but it would have been better over two episodes. It felt a bit rushed. Otherwise pretty good.

Merry Christmas!

Much love,

Langers

Xx

Dear Norway,

I liked it, but it would have been better over two episodes. It felt a bit rushed. Otherwise pretty good.

Merry Christmas!

Much love,

Langers

Xx

Yes,there were quite a few 'issues' but when it makes me feel good I don't really care. :)
Agree it should have been a two parter,also I must commend Smith and Coleman,good acting.

What with it being fairly late at night I think it's a good a time as any to post this...

1525451_10201357785972938_735127824_n.jpg

Back