• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

There is one thing that gets boring on classic Who...this constant "execute them","let's just kill them" in pretty much every story.Also the tedious stubborn refusal to listen when someone's mind is made up (which generally has already happened before "execute them").

I do enjoy the stories tho,most of them.

Today's Darily Dalek:

dalek-int.jpg

That article is FAR too vague!! How many?! Which ones?!

I guess the BBC are keeping it schtum to get you geeks frothing at the mouth until they announce it at the planned press conference

Hopefully they have uncovered the Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve. I would love to see that episode.

I guess the BBC are keeping it schtum to get you geeks frothing at the mouth until they announce it at the planned press conference

Froth overload. I'm going to need some Golden Glow.

I'm hoping for some Macra Terror or The Daleks' Masterplan.

The recovered episodes from the 60s include much-loved scenes from The Crusade, The Enemy of the World and The Ice Warriors series.

In the four-part Crusade story Hartnell and his assistant Vicki, played by Maureen O’Brien, arrive in the Tardis in Palestine in the 12th century just as King Richard the Lionheart is doing battle with the Saracen ruler Saladin.

BBC - A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
Daily Mirror - 106 Missing Episodes Found

BBC - A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
Daily Mirror - 106 Missing Episodes Found

:icon_lol:

Brilliant.

I read that they're only clips not full episodes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24467337

The Web of Fear! Huzzah - that's quite a good one to discover. There aren't many left featuring the Yeti.

have you checked out the trailers above? they look really good. i remember reading the web of fear as a kid and the story using the London underground is completely iconic. i'd guess it's actually the number one story they'd have liked to have found.

have you checked out the trailers above? they look really good. i remember reading the web of fear as a kid and the story using the London underground is completely iconic. i'd guess it's actually the number one story they'd have liked to have found.

Yep - it'll have been up there, definitely. I think I read the Target book when I was young as it's one of the most famous Troughton stories, despite it being missing for so long.

I'm looking forward to seeing them but they'll have to go some way to beat my favourite Troughton story which is the excellent War Games.

So,6 weeks or so until the big one,the anniversary one,the super one!

Really should have had a run of eps from Nov 25 to the Xmas one....imo.

Back