• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be it. The days of the old manager are numbered now - if clubs are to be managed responsibly then no one man can expect to come in, rip everything up and start again with new players and new staff. Models like our own are going to become much more common going forward.

There's got to be flexibility from both parties though.

Seen a few things that have said the Palace board or whoever were trying to bring Zaha back and Pulis didn't want him, much like Pulis can't expect unlimited funds and scope to bring in whoever he pleases, the people above him can't expect to just force whoever they please on him either.

I imagine Pulis will come out of this better 6 months down the line, he'll be an attractive alternative for any bottom half club that's struggling by mid October, Palace on the other hand are going to start the new season managerless and the new guy has got to try to implement his ways on someone else's squad with the season up and running.

There's got to be flexibility from both parties though.

Seen a few things that have said the Palace board or whoever were trying to bring Zaha back and Pulis didn't want him, much like Pulis can't expect unlimited funds and scope to bring in whoever he pleases, the people above him can't expect to just force whoever they please on him either.

I imagine Pulis will come out of this better 6 months down the line, he'll be an attractive alternative for any bottom half club that's struggling by mid October, Palace on the other hand are going to start the new season managerless and the new guy has got to try to implement his ways on someone else's squad with the season up and running.

On the surface, we seem to have it about right. As far as I can tell we have a team in place that source potential signings independently of Jackett but he has the final say on who we actually sign. That's fair enough as he's the one who has to work with them on a daily basis. If Jackett were to leave tonight most of the people around him would still be in place which is what clubs should be looking to do long term. The job of the Palace board is to ensure the survival of Palace and if that means losing Pulis and relegation then so be it.

Pulis' stock has never been higher than at this point in time so he'll be fine.

Wow Pulis gone,that's gotta be bad business almost no matter why.

Had to change my prediction too.

Apparently Moyes and Mackay have been installed as favourites.

I hear that Crystal Palace gilets are flying off the shelves today.

Wow Pulis gone,that's gotta be bad business almost no matter why.

Had to change my prediction too.

People said that about Adkins when he got the boot for Pochettino, didn't do Soton much harm.

People said that about Adkins when he got the boot for Pochettino, didn't do Soton much harm.

Slight difference in the situations though isn't there - Southampton had a plan with regards to the manager and it paid off. Palace have been left in the shit with a day before they kick off their season. If this is their plan, its a mad one

A plan as mad as this one?

[Blackadder is informed that a German spy is stealing battle plans]
General Melchett: You look surprised, Blackadder.
Captain Blackadder: I certainly am, sir. I didn't realise we had any battle plans.
General Melchett: Well, of course we have! How else do you think the battles are directed?
Captain Blackadder: Our battles are directed, sir?
General Melchett: Well, of course they are, Blackadder, directed according to the Grand Plan.
Captain Blackadder: Would that be the plan to continue with total slaughter until everyone's dead except Field Marshal Haig, Lady Haig and their tortoise, Alan?
General Melchett: Great Scott! Even you know it!

There's talk that Pulis nearly left in January when it looked like Scott Dann was going to Stoke rather than Palace. Sounds a bit of a baseball cap wearing diva to me.

This Mad

images

Moyes and Mackay would be smart appointments, IMHO.

I'm gonna go with Steve Clarke to Palace.

Former Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish is now the favourite to take over the Huddersfield Town job..

Sky reckon Malky to Palace is off. Sherwood?

They want an experienced manager. Is 6 months enough? (which means he will get the gig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back