• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone read the bit in the article about the agent that got a deal for a player which was done for £660,000?
The agent wanted another £660,000 for his work!

Absolute fucking snakes!
Another reason that Doyle was high in my estimations when he came, I don't think he had an agent as such.
Just a guy who'd been helping him since he was a kid... worked for one of the local schools.

LMA: "Malky...sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable & disrespectful of other cultures"

Wait... am I missing something but aren't these texts private. Why do they need to be shown to the public eye?

Cardiff suspected something dodgy was going on with Malkay's transfer dealings so investigated. No doubt the texts were made on a Company mobile so when they checked on stuff, they found the texts and decided to report him to the FA and hence they are now public knowledge

Cardiff suspected something dodgy was going on with Malkay's transfer dealings so investigated. No doubt the texts were made on a Company mobile so when they checked on stuff, they found the texts and decided to report him to the FA and hence they are now public knowledge

Granted that if it's dodgy dealings it's fair enough but I don't see why this is becoming a public race issue?

Because someone (probably at Cardiff) leaked the info to harm Malkay's chances of getting a new job

LMA STATEMENT: MALKY MACKAY

THE LMA wish to clarify the position in relation to recent reports and speculation regarding matters alleged to have arisen during Malky Mackay’s time at Cardiff City FC.

In the course of a search by the Club in early 2014 of 10,000 private text messages sent to and from another member of staff during Mr Mackay’s employment at Cardiff, in relation to other matters, it emerged that Malky had, it seems, sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures. These were two text messages sent in private at a time Malky felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly text message banter. That said, Malky believes he could and should have conducted himself better on these two isolated occasions. The precise details need to remain private for the time being until any FA process is complete.

The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations. If Malky has caused any offence by these two isolated matters he would, however, wish to sincerely apologise.

Malky finds it strange that these matters were only raised with the FA and in the media now, 8 months after his employment ended and the day before he was reported as being offered the opportunity to become manager of Crystal Palace FC.

Malky is also very concerned about seriously inaccurate and misleading reports of his alleged involvement in these matters in the media. It has never been alleged that he wrote any homophobic or sexist messages and he has confirmed that he did not do so. Further, there are incorrect and damaging suggestions that he sent a whole host of offensive and unpleasant messages that are simply not true and which give a grossly distorted and unfair view of Malky’s involvement in this matter. Malky looks forward to matters being put straight in due course, following any investigation of this matter.

Malky cannot of course comment on the nature of any conduct or communications alleged to have been made by others.

Malky has said that he will be fully co-operating with any FA investigation and that he looks forward to putting the record straight thereafter.

I think this one will run and run. Clearly something has gone on, but why didn't Cardiff City report it earlier? To wait until Mackay was about to be appointed as Crystal Palace manager seems a little strange.

I thought inappropriate texts or emails were fine in the Premier League. It's up there with 'Game 39' as one of Scudamore's pioneering visions for the League.

I think this one will run and run. Clearly something has gone on, but why didn't Cardiff City report it earlier? To wait until Mackay was about to be appointed as Crystal Palace manager seems a little strange.
Sometimes Frank I wonder whether you really are as naive as you appear to be. I think everyone else on the forum knows exactly why the news has come out the day before Mackay was about to get a new job, even more so given who the new employers were going to be and who already worked for them.

They reported alleged misconduct to the FA in April. It's just been leaked now by whoever for whatever reason.

I think they did report it earlier and the FA were looking into it but they decided to tell the Media and Palace when it looked like he was about to get a new job.

Lot of Journo's and ex-Footballers ripping the LMA statement to shreds on Twitter. The "banter" comment has seriously pissed off a lot of people it seems

Hard to see how the LMA thought the Richard Keys defence would go well.

"It was banter Martin, harmless banter"

Yup doesn't really convince.

"Harmless Banter" sorry when you use homophobia, sexism and racism banter goes out the window.

"Harmless Banter" sorry when you use homophobia, sexism and racism banter goes out the window.

Ah, but this was in private and made when under stress so its all ok innit....

Think Mackay may struggle to get a job in this country again after comments like that, how on earth would he be able attract any Asian or black players to a club, regardless of what context things were said in his text messages he still said them and that's what people remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back