• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely better to fix a clear mistake rather than carry on that way in the name of "giving him a chance"? In hindsight, surely you agree we should have binned Saunders when he was busy making us worse than we were before he arrived?

How about all those Wolves managers I listed? There was a case for getting rid sooner, no?

In hindsight, I agree that most of them should have gone earlier, but Taylor should have been given more time. And the sacking of Jones was just a panic measure.

We were going to get relegated under Taylor that season. We were unbelievably awful.

Jones should have gone at the end of 2001/2. His limitations were there for all to see.

"Taylor should have been given more time" is one of the great Wolves myths, we played awful football and were going nowhere.

Turner was the strange one. I thought he did a fantastic job for Wolves, but sadly he really should have gone before he did. I think he only stayed so long because of what he had done in getting us out of the lower divisions.

See, sometimes I do agree with managers being sacked.

But not very often......!!

Someone at work told me this morning that Óscar García is a "more exotic version of Alex McLeish". His football is slow, defensive and boring to watch apparently.

I wasn't impressed with his Brighton team at all in the playoffs (which I think were the only two games I saw of theirs last season). Absolutely no tempo to their play and changed nothing when Derby scored.

So we should expect them to be relegated and for him to subsequent try and relegate their nearest rivals?

Had little to work with or money to spend though. Watford's team is full of attacking flair, some really good footballers. If the football is dire he won't last that long.

What happened to Zola?

John Fry wants talks with Gary Johnson when he gets back from his holiday, presumably regarding the poor start to the season at Yeovil. I don't think it'd be entirely fair to bin him after he got Yeo to the Championship against all odds but the here and now is what matters.

John Fry wants talks with Gary Johnson when he gets back from his holiday, presumably regarding the poor start to the season at Yeovil. I don't think it'd be entirely fair to bin him after he got Yeo to the Championship against all odds but the here and now is what matters.

I think Johnson did a remarkable job in getting Yeovil into the Championship. It was no surprise though when they came straight back down. I think it would be extremely harsh if he was sacked now.

It looks to me that it is actually Johnson throwing his toys out of the pram rather than the Chairman having a panic attack.

It looks to me that it is actually Johnson throwing his toys out of the pram rather than the Chairman having a panic attack.

I think you could be right. I have just been reading about his late appearance at last nights game.

Sean O'Driscoll named as England U19 Head Coach
Ray Wilkins is the new Manager of Jordan (the International Team not the plastic "beauty" ) with Frank Stapleton as his Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back