• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45209&start=150

I see the "Smith Out" brigade are piping up. He was the "ginger Mourinho" a few months ago. The fans need to adjust their expectations to a realistic level for a club of Walsall's size, i.e. League Two or even the Conference. With the playing budget they have, anything above League Two is a bonus and non-league football is a real possibility.

I think it's very hard to stop a slide like this though, regardless of level and size of the club etc. 2 wins in 24 is horrible.

It wouldn't.

We may still have got relegated from the top flight, but we would have been at very worst top six in the championship in the next season under Mick. The two subsequent appointments were disastrous, although we do have Sako to thank Solbakken for.

No-one was saving us from relegation from the PL. The error was not sacking Mick per se, it was delaying the decision far too long (reacting emotionally to losing badly to Liverpool/Albion at home as well) and then employing a series of cretins. This is very old ground though.

Dean Smith might well get the faith of the Walsall board but if not he couldn't really have complaints - that is a half season of not just relegation form, but finishing rock bottom of the table and relegated long before the clocks go forward form. If they subsequently went on to appoint Dave Hockaday followed by Dean Saunders with inevitable consequences it wouldn't make the decision to sack Smith wrong, the events are separate.

We may still have got relegated from the top flight, but we would have been at very worst top six in the championship in the next season under Mick. The two subsequent appointments were disastrous, although we do have Sako to thank Solbakken for.

That's a very bold assumption.

Brian Reid sacked by Nuneaton Town after 10 games in charge. Ridiculous decision.

Robbie Fowler has applied for the Leeds job. :icon_lol:

Brian Reid sacked by Nuneaton Town after 10 games in charge. Ridiculous decision.

Just had a quick look, they've played seven games this season and failed to score in six of them. You really can't blame clubs for making a change when that kind of run is under way and there are no signs (I'm guessing) of improvement.

Burton Albion have released a statement saying that Gary Rowett has turned down the Blackpool managers job!
They still have a manager at Blackpool but approached Rowett anyway :facepalm:

Meh, that happens all the time. We were in for Saunders before we sacked Solbakken.

Accrington Stanley won their first game last week, so it seems strange not only that Beattie has left, but that he leaves on the eve of their game against AFC Wimbledon.

He didn't give them enough time imo

Beattie was at Accrington for two years in various roles, and has been manager for 16 months. So I do not think time was an issue. And as he left by mutual consent, who knows which party was behind the move for a parting of the ways.

Is Magath sacked yet at Fulham..lost 3-0 today..cant be long now before he gets the sack..

Can't think why. I hope they give him loads of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back